MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
(10-05-2017, 10:01 PM)neopatogen Wrote: Hi, welcome and  nice to see you doing Drawabox!
They helped me a ton to rewire my brain towards thinking form (although I stopped at the  animals lesson).
Amit recommended you a lot of awesome resources and ways to practice, looking forward to see your progress!
As for your drawabox stuff, lines on most of your boxes look  wonky.
But I know you can do better because I saw good lines  on your 1st image where you connected dots!
I would recommend imagining your lines for boxes and drawing a  small dot where you think the line would end. Then ghost the line and draw. This way you will be able to use only one line for every box side, it will make your images cleaner and lines bolder.

Yeah, I have been looking through the links. At the moment I'm attempting to focus on drawabox. I've been having trouble getting these things down. The wonky boxes are definitely a problem I need to work on.
The biggest issues seem to come from the Rotated boxes exercise. That one is giving me a ton of trouble and I feel like I really need to get it down.

Rough Perspective
[Image: rough_perspective_exercise_6.jpg]
[Image: rough_perspective_exercise_7.jpg]
[Image: rough_perspective_exercise_8.jpg]
[Image: rough_perspective_exercise_9.jpg]
[Image: rough_perspective_exercise_10.jpg]
[Image: rough_perspective_exercise_11.jpg]
[Image: rough_perspective_exercise_12.jpg]

Organic Perspective
Still having some trouble with this one. I'm trying to make sure the boxes are correctly rotated and not too similar to each other but, it seems like they look too much like each other.

[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_7.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_8.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_9.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_10.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_11.jpg]
[Image: organic_perspective_exercise_13.jpg]

Rotated Boxes
Still having tons of issues with this one. It's difficult for me to practice this weird 1 point / 2 point hybrid perspective. It feels like the only real 1 point some from the center box and each of the four directions has another perspective point off somewhere.
I'm also thinking of this one like a globe with the same box on it rather than the cubes actually rotating. perhaps that is part of the problem.

[Image: rotated_box_exercise_5.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_6.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_7.jpg]
[Image: rotated_box_exercise_8.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 10-07-2017, 04:18 PM