MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
(11-23-2017, 08:47 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: I suggest you use a ruler for the majority of those HTD exercises or at the least for your guidelines or bounding boxes. Nobody expects you to be able to do those freehand, and neither you, nor anyone else will be able to accurately troubleshoot whether you did it correctly if you do everything freehand and everything is wonky. It was only on drawabox where basic sketching is drilled, that he suggests freehand. For HTD technical exercises, and understanding the concepts it's pointless.
Alright I used a ruler for most of these. Unfortunately I'm progressing slowly (if at all). I spent most of the time trying to understand basic grid construction and use of it.
I was hoping to set a goal for myself to finish this book before 2018 but, I'm moving too slowly for that and it seems to be getting harder

Rotation
Couldn't seem to understand how to do this one properly. I assume the elipse is suppose to reprenet where the potential edges of the cube are suppose to be. It does not help that I still have no idea on how to draw an ellipse properly.

[Image: 2_Point_Rotation.jpg]

2 Point Grid with Vanishing Points off Page
It took me a while to understand how to construct the grid itself. Even after words I made huge mistakes. I even tried this with the horizon line on the page which seems to work OK...
I assume in 3 point the vertciles distort towards the 3rd point.
[Image: 2_Point_Grid_1.jpg]
[Image: 2_Point_Grid_2.jpg]
[Image: 2_Point_Grid_3.jpg]
[Image: 2_Point_Grid_4.jpg]
[Image: 2_Point_Grid_5.jpg]
[Image: 2_Point_Grid_6.jpg]
[Image: 2_Point_Grid_7.jpg]

Square Grid
I made of mess of things. At first I tried to rush through it assuming that knowing how to construct the grid would help me. I was wrong. I am still unable to free hand perspective. Even using the grid I find myself unable to accurately draw these things. It looks like I will need to contiune practicing this until I can learn to properly draw a cube and ellipse in 2 point perspective.

[Image: Square_Grid_1.jpg]
[Image: Square_Grid_2.jpg]
[Image: Square_Grid_3.jpg]
[Image: Square_Grid_4.jpg]
[Image: Square_Grid_5.jpg]
[Image: Square_Grid_6.jpg]
[Image: Square_Grid_7.jpg]
[Image: Square_Grid_8.jpg]
[Image: Square_Grid_9.jpg]

I hope I can do better than this in the future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 12-04-2017, 08:29 AM