MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
Ellipse Pratice
Attempting to draw the ellipses with in planes here. I'm drawing each line to a dot I have placed down in order to form a plane. Sadly it really doesn't look like I've gained much here. The ellipses still don't look like they've been drawn properly.

[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_1.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_2.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_3.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_4.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_5.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_6.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_7.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_8.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_9.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_10.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Pratice_11.jpg]

Ellipse subdivision
With this one I needed to learn how to use a protracter the right way.
[Image: Ellipse_Subdivision_1.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Subdivision_2.jpg]

Ellipse in boxes
Attempting to take the previous exercise one step further. It's actually really difficult though. I know I can't simply do this by drawing in pen alone. I ended up needing to erase far too much to rely on a permanent medium for this one.
[Image: Ellipse_in_Boxes_1.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_in_Boxes_2.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_in_Boxes_3.jpg]

[u]Spiral Staircase/[u]
This one took up the bulk of my time. I needed to read and reread the exercise again and again.
Still attempting to draw the spiral staircase but, I still failed to understand how to do it properly. I'm not happy with this at all. It is proving to be far more difficult than I imagined.
[Image: Ellipse_Subdivision_3.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Subdivision_4.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Subdivision_5.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Subdivision_6.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Subdivision_7.jpg]
[Image: Ellipse_Subdivision_8.jpg]

(12-04-2017, 06:35 PM)darktiste Wrote: Nice progress so far i would encourage you to change the ball point to the felt tip pen if you manage to destroy a pen it mean that you pressing to hard on the tool.So practice pen pressure by doing line but pay careful attention to how tight you grip the tool.There are many way to grip the pen in a way that allow free loose gesture.I would encourage you to keep doing the dot exercise to improve you eye and hand coordination.
I switched over to a felt tip for now. As for the pressure I tend to press harder when I get frustrated. It is something I need to work on.
For the line exercise I'm working them into drawing planes and drawing the ellipses within those planes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 01-01-2018, 07:16 AM