MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
(01-02-2018, 04:38 AM)darktiste Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:58 AM)Amit Dutta Wrote: I've said this before, but I suggest you use a straight edge for these technical perspective exercises. You're making it way harder for yourself by trying to eyeball it I think. Eyeballing defeats the purpose anyway, since this is about accurate perspective training and understanding :)

I have to agree on that but i would have to add that i think he is suffering for impatience that normal when you begin you not aware that repetition is key to have once you have consistant result you can start to move on. If you do exercise that are too complex before you have a strong consistancy you will have trouble .I recommend that you keep doing the box exercise but you should use a ruler focusing on putting done cube that have the right angle because what i see is a sense of rushing to make quantity over quality.

For me it important that someone who want to start learning perspective do it first with a ruler it like the training wheel on a bike some need it some don't personally if you have problem with the theory of perspective (1 and 2 point in specific) i advise you use the ruler once you get the hang of the theory you can start to try to eye ball and correct the angle with a ruler so that you can correct the eye balling.

The ellipse exercise you doing on the cube is using some principle of perspective you might not be aware of it why those ellipse are not yet showing they follow some perspective rule.

I also encourage you to do the 1 point perspective exercise i shown you before i have tried to simply my example by editing it.Here how i would approch doing a box in 2 point perspective.Note that i keep writing cube but i meant to write box.
Alright. I went back and did more practice on 1 and 2 point perspective with a ruler this time. It is difficult for me to tell when I should move on from one exercise to another. I'm not at all confident with any of my work so I have a lot of trouble deciding on going forward or just continuing to work on something over and over again.

One Point Perspective Practice

[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_1.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_2.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_3.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_4.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_5.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_6.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_7.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_8.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_9.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_10.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_11.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_12.jpg]
[Image: One_Point_Perspective_Practice_13.jpg]

Two Point Perspective Practice

[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_1.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_2.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_3.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_4.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_5.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_6.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_7.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_8.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_9.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_10.jpg]
[Image: Two_Point_Perspective_Practice_11.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 01-10-2018, 03:08 PM