MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
(09-20-2018, 08:19 PM)darktiste Wrote: If there no class availble in your area i am sure you can find online class for a reasonable price but i suggest you learn how to do proper research there alot of online resource there even a resource section on this forum you should really check it out but you should invest time looking for art content on youtube.

About mentor there little chance you will find a mentor because most of the person who would be mentor are allready art teacher so there not gonna do 1 on 1 session.Those who would do 1 on 1 would be probably less worth to learn from but atleast you get a faster learning curve because you don't have to seek the teacher attention like you would in a art class.

For art job you better not look locally because there the internet now and people use it to find the best person to fill the job.

I think what you really missing is the tool to learn by yourself.

For example do you own any art book?
Do you watch any art tutorial online?
How much time can you spend per day on art?

Those are question you should have answered for yourself already.But i would still like to know.

There are classes in my area but, they're extremely terrible. I could never get any sort of critique out of the instructors. Nobody seems to care about the quality of any of the work that is produced and all they ever do is shower students with compliments. It is unproductive and very frustrating.I have found it impossible to get anything useful out of them. No matter what I ask or beg them what is wrong with my work they simply tell me there is no need to worry and that I am doing fine. In some cases they've even told me not to listen to people who have anything negative to say about my work. There is absolutely no consideration for quality or craft in these classes.
I would have love to have gotten into an art school but, every one of them I applied for rejected me. At this point a decent class lead by an instruct who cares about craft and technique would be a dream.

I have seen tons of online art courses but, never any reviews for these sorts of things. Occasionally the websites that host the courses will have testimoinals but, I have never considered them to be reliable. Outside of that people rarely speak about them
My greatest concern with online courses is that they'll either go over basic concepts very, very quickly  then expect the viewer to have them down or simply not cover them. I feel I need something that goes far more indepth than usual on foundaion skills because I find myself struggling with them. Having 1 on 1 sessions with some one would solve this as well as give me feed back that I wouldn't get anywhere else but, if it isn't an option I need to look into something else.

Where online can I find an entry level job in this field? Also what would an entry level job consist of exactly? I'm still fairly low skilled and my draftsmanship is poor at best.

I own several anatomy books. I have no idea on what to do with them though. I don't seem to gain anything from attempting to anaylze the figures inside. Almost nothing comes from copying the figures either. I have 2 or 3 books laying around name "Anatomy for the artist" and all of charles bargue, andrew loomis as well as Brune Hogarth.

Yes, I have seen several tutorials on Youtube. They don't go as indepth on anything which is why I'm looking into something else. Ctrl Paint goes by too quickly for me to really grasp anything on. I don't find Proko's videos to be informative nor Scyra.

I spend anywhere between 2 to 6 hours per day on drawing. Unfortunately my job is very unstable so I can end up working anywhere between 6 to 60 hours per week. It's also not very predictable. I can be called up to 1 hour in advance and be told I need to head somewhere over 60 miles away to do something.
Not to mention I'm terribly slow when it comes to draw. It takes me 2 to 4 times as long to do a drawing compared to other people. Sometimes all I'm told is to spend more time on something when I don't know what else can be done aside from starting all over again.

[Image: 0018.jpg]
[Image: 0018a.jpg]
[Image: 0018b.jpg]
[Image: 0174.jpg]
[Image: 0174a.jpg]
[Image: 0174b.jpg]
[Image: 0383.jpg]
[Image: 0383a.jpg]
[Image: 0383b.jpg]
[Image: 0551.jpg]
[Image: 0551a.jpg]
[Image: 0551b.jpg]
[Image: 0551c.jpg]
[Image: 0985.jpg]
[Image: 0985b.jpg]
[Image: Bargue_Plate_1.jpg]
[Image: Lines1a.jpg]
[Image: Lines1b.jpg]
[Image: Lines1c.jpg]
[Image: Lines1d.jpg]
[Image: Lines1e.jpg]
[Image: Lines1f.jpg]
[Image: SKETCH108_A.jpg]
[Image: SKETCH108_B.jpg]
[Image: SKETCH108_C.jpg]
[Image: SKETCH108_D.jpg]
[Image: SKETCH108_E.jpg]
[Image: SKETCH108_F.jpg]
[Image: SKETCH108_G.jpg]
[Image: SKETCH108_H.jpg]
[Image: Sketch108_I.jpg]
[Image: Sketch108_K.jpg]
[Image: Sketch108_L.jpg]
[Image: Sketch10_J.jpg]

I asked around the discord about some of my issues and I've basically been told it might be best for me to practice more of the line exercises and to go back to draw a box since I'm having so much trouble rotating heads. I don't seem to be doing well with Loomis's teachings at all.
Drawabox is also extremely difficult but maybe I need to just keep trying until it makes sense. I don't know really. I failed to drawing a rotated cube. at extreme angles the cube becomes distorted and I end stretching it in ways I do not intend to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 10-09-2018, 11:56 AM