MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
My advice would be to still be near artist even if the teacher doesn't specially care for you.I know the feeling there alway talent people who seem to draw all the attention.It rare to find teacher who really understand there role in giving everyone equal chance of sucess.One of the main thing you need first to figure out is how other study.Copy for the sake of copying can really slow your progress.You have to shift your state of mind into an analytic one.

I got a small post for you that might help you unlock the way it possible to shift to this state of mind.

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4107.html

The problem with most tutorial is you have to figure out how to translate them into useful practice.
I would say one of your problem at the moment is your not aware of how wrong your angle are.You could make 1 drawing instead of 3 but you seem to not bother making a correct drawing you take 3 shot when you could make it in 1 or 2.
You also have little control of your stroke you often overshot your line.It not bad but it can be done with intention not by accident.

My advice keep drawing cube and learn more about perspective at moment i would say you should stop shading and simply try to interpret image in the language of line.Also breaking down the face into basic form to slowly come to a more accurate result.

One good exercise you can do that can help you practice accurate drawing is to take and image and flip it upside down and to copy it it seem stupid but it useful because it shift how your brain interpret what you see you look more at the image and you interpret less.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by darktiste - 10-09-2018, 03:16 PM