MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
Last thing I will ever say on this, but training accuracy is important. It's not everything but it is esp. Important for beginners or people who can't draw even close to what they see for their lives.
If you can see a difference between your study and the reference then you can measure how off you are. If you can measure how off you are you can correct proportions or any other aspect in your drawings. Often what happens is we CAN'T see the difference with any accuracy even though they exist...this is why measuring and correcting drawing as you go is uber important.

Absolutely zero point spending lots of time on them if you don't try your best to actually fix them. (Maybe you are...i dont know...but it seems like you just let yourself off the hook every time)
This is same reason doing multiple shitty pre drawings for your portraits to test where you might go wrong is really ass backwards. Instead of aiming to get it wrong, aim to get them all right as you can. Multiple studies are definitely good but not if you half ass the main point of them so much.

I see you still cannot draw a basic straight freehand line 1.5yrs down the line. Every single form is wonky and skewed yet you don't seem to fix these and allow yourself to carry on this lazy approach, study after study. I'm not saying this to make you feel bad or wind you up tighter than you already are...but this is a reality you should probably face now.

You could also use a pencil or use different grades that goes darker with a fuller value range. Your drawings all are very light in the shadows

Here's same study from a guy I know doing watts online for a few months. https://www.instagram.com/p/BrTu0VJDnwO/...lk8zxn4e0o

Watts has some great structured exercises...but it's also how you approach them in mindset that matters..Not simply doing mileage for the sake of it.  Repeat these basics until you can hold yourself to account better and pull them off well imo.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by Amit Dutta - 01-25-2019, 08:32 AM