MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
Watched Drawing Phase 2 Video 4 (Building Objects with basic forms 1). Thought it would help but, it wasn't informative at all. I just felt confused by this video. I feel like I have missed several lessons that were suppose to come before this. I feel as if nothing else in phase 2 prepared me for this. I honestly want to learn to draw like this.
Video 5 and 6 continue onward past anything I've learned. I'm deeply confused at this point. Watching him draw does nothing for me and he seems to go off on tangents frequently.
I finished Drawing Fundamentals 2 video and I feel vastly unprepared for anything else. Is the rest of the course better structured?  I plan on moving on to Head Drawing 1 next.

Contour of the arm....

[Image: Watts-Figure-1.png]
[Image: Contour-1.jpg]
[Image: Contour-2.jpg]

The last part had me set up a still life. It did not go well at all

[Image: Still-Life.jpg]
[Image: Still-Life-1.jpg]
[Image: Still-Life-2.jpg]
[Image: Still-Life-3.jpg]

The results were poor. I pour a lot of time and effort this and get back pure garbage. I can't stand these results. Do I move forward or do I try it again?
(02-10-2019, 02:31 PM)darktiste Wrote: All i have to say is keep using vanishing point and guide for the moment.You keep trying to move to more advance stuff when you should at the moment be focusing on how to properly construct pyramid and cylinder in 1 and 2 point perspective.Your drawing a clearly showing you still shaky in term of perspective and without good perspective copy is possible but inventing is impossible.Without understanding of perspective you cannot even draw life drawing because you don't understand certain principle you must keep consistent.

It hard to tell you what your doing wrong since i can't see you work but i can see the error but it hard for you to understand no one take the time to correct your work.I seriously advice you find an art teacher so that he can solidify your fundamental before you can start your own art journey.You don't wanna form bad habit early on.

Video course might not be the right way to go right now since you need to be corrected by a teacher.

I'm having a hard time finding a vanishing point in real life. No idea on how to work with ellipses to be honest. The Watts course does not seem to cover that yet.

How can I find an art teacher? The ads I posted up a while back only attracted 3 people and 1 didn't even reply. Nobody locally knows anything other than the courses I've tried so far and asking them just seems to confuse them.

(02-10-2019, 08:32 PM)Prov Wrote: Hi Scrolls,

if you're struggling with accuracy, I might be able to help. Illustration is not yet my strong suit, but I'm pretty trained at capturing what I see.

https://www.artstation.com/prov the rightmost 4 pieces are still life studies I've done at the atelier I trained at. I can see you're putting in effort, so I want to try to help out. If you want to, you can add me on Discord: Prov (Sjoerd)#8579

We can go over the exercises they do at the atelier to improve accuracy and I can give you some homework and check it. Send me a message on Discord (it's free to create an account) if you're interested.

Alright, I started on the Bargue plates. Here is the first one.

[Image: 63-plate-I-36-marcus-brutus.jpg]
[Image: Bargue-Plate-36.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 02-26-2019, 12:09 PM