MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
It's been a long time. I had a massive shake up in real life involving my job so I've been very busy. I really want to get back into things.

I wanted to give that still life another try but unfortunately I have not been successful
Watts talks about Andrew Loomis alot. I seem to have trouble with both of them.  Find myself having trouble with his way of drawing heads but, I'm only two videos in and it's very complicated so far. I have really failed to understand anything about the rythms he talks about.

[Image: S-Still-Life.jpg]

[Image: Still-Life-1.jpg]

[Image: Still-Life-4.jpg]

[Image: Still-Life-5.jpg]

[Image: Still-Life-6.jpg]

[Image: Still-Life-7.jpg]

[Image: Heads-1.jpg]

[Image: Heads-2.jpg]

[Image: Heads-3.jpg]

[Image: Heads-4.jpg]

[Image: Heads-5.jpg]

[Image: Heads-6.jpg]

[Image: Heads-7.jpg]

[Image: S-Head-Abstraction-1.png]

[Image: Head-Abstractin-1-1.jpg]

[Image: Head-Abstraction-1-2.jpg]

[Image: S-Head-Abstraction-2.png]

[Image: Head-Abstraction-2-1.jpg]

[Image: Head-Abstraction-2-2.jpg]

[Image: S-Head-Abstraction-3.png]

[Image: Head-Abstraction-3-1.jpg]

[Image: Head-Abstraction-3-2.jpg]

(02-26-2019, 12:32 PM)darktiste Wrote: Well so far i see your in panic and leaning toward being impatient and frustrated.I have to say your forming bad habit and taking on advance topic when you should be probably be still learning some aspect of the vocabulary to understand there lecture and example.It will be almost useless to watch someone draw if you can't understand the step there taking to advance there drawing.For all i know your really interested in portrait as far as i can tell and it an advance topic.It hard to avoid wanting to skip step when there so much to learn.It take time and practice to build confidence in your skill.What i would advice is you familiarize yourself with only working with line first no shading.Get good at getting accurate in copying.For the moment it essential you stay away from pretty drawing and focus on understanding the principle.

Since you can't find an art teacher i recommend you try to find discord so people could help you fix a few of your issue.

If you could i would like to know from what source your studying so i might give you a few tips on where to begin.

I would also advice you to redo some of the exercise on drawabox.com?

One last thing go back and read the advice i gave you and look at the pattern of problem you seem to fall into.

For closing word i would say stay cold headed breath and remember that you can only improve frustration is not gonna help you if you cannot channel into wanting to learn more.

Alright here are a few things I've done from draw a box. I'm still stuck on the Rotated boxes exercise. I have been unable to grasp the concept for quiet some time and I find the video to be unhelpful.

[Image: SIL-1.jpg]

[Image: SIL-2.jpg]

[Image: Ghosting-Lines-1.jpg]

[Image: Ghosting-Lines-2.jpg]

[Image: GL-1.jpg]

[Image: GP-1.jpg]

[Image: GP-2.jpg]

[Image: Elipse-Planes.jpg]

[Image: Elipse-Planes-2.jpg]

[Image: Circles-1.jpg]

[Image: Circles-2.jpg]

[Image: Ellipses-in-Planes-1.jpg]

[Image: Ellipses-in-Planes-2.jpg]

[Image: Ellipses-in-Planes-3.jpg]

[Image: Funnels-1.jpg]

[Image: Funnels-3.jpg]

[Image: Funnels-4.jpg]

[Image: Funnles-2.jpg]

[Image: 1-Point-Perspective-1.jpg]

[Image: 1-Point-Perspective-3.jpg]

[Image: 2-Point-Perspective-1.jpg]

[Image: 2-Point-Perspective-2.jpg]

[Image: 2-Point-Perspective-3.jpg]

[Image: Rotated-Boxes-1.jpg]

[Image: Rotated-Boxes-2.jpg]

[Image: Rotated-Boxes-3.jpg]

[Image: Scan-190512-0021.jpg]

[Image: Organic-Perspective-1.jpg]

[Image: Organic-Perspective-2.jpg]

[Image: Organic-Perspective-3.jpg]

[Image: Organic-Perspective-4.jpg]

[Image: Organic-Perspective-5.jpg]

[Image: Organic-Perspective-6.jpg]

I also did a couple of Bargue Plates:

[Image: S-41-plate-I-13-hand-holding-a-whetstone.jpg]

[Image: Bargue-Plate-41.jpg]

[Image: S-42-plate-I-15-hand-of-woman-pressing-her-breast.jpg]

[Image: Bargue-Plate-42.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by MagneticScrolls - 05-13-2019, 02:37 PM