MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
You did pretty well on the exercise but the hardest part is to mirror the owl.

On the subject of your frustration.You can't expect all information to be in the same place but if there anything that resemble that is ctrl paint it a road map that offer a great length of solution to your question or atleast hint to help you search for more information.

But even myself i use many different website and i know to ask question to people who might be able to answers and i even tried a few course to see what i would have to practice and than i took time to bring all i learned together.It take time to understand what your doing how to push from a sketch to a more refine draw...i would say your progress is slow but it certainly not atypical for someone with no mentor who teach you daily.But if you try you cane eventually learn how to develop your own exercise to keep the ball rolling it a process that require thought it require you to be able to see your own weakness and be able to have enough memory to know where to search for solution.For that you need to build a library on the art fundamental.By library i mean to be able to regroup your resource(book and video) and organizing them so that you understand where the answers of some problem can be found.It sound complex as a concept but it an actual skill you need to develop to auto generate exercise that push you toward you goal.

You can become uncomfortable student on is patreon if you don't find any teacher locally.
https://www.patreon.com/uncomfortable

For 20$ you will Receives homework critiques for lessons 1-7, as well as the 250 box challenge, 250 cylinder challenge, 25 texture challenge, 25 wheel challenge and 100 treasure chest challenge.

for more info
https://drawabox.com

The problem when suggesting art course it that it always depend on your weakness i say.But i think i can confidently say that drawabox is a great website for many of us who have learn to use it properly.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by darktiste - 08-13-2019, 08:33 PM