MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
Are you sign in for the draw box critic?

Don't try to represent the head in many angle right away you still have to get more familiar with nailing down proportion.I suggest focusing on the front view,profile and 3/4 view of the head with no tilt at all to begin with.It important that you get familiar with the spacing between the feature of the face if you only copy it won't make a different at all because you will leak the understanding of those feature relation.

Try to simply draw this head 5 time.The 3 first essay you should focus on the size of each element individual element and there placement.The 4-5 time you should be observing the relation of distance between those element but not only that there size different in term of ratio for example ask yourself is it half the size of this or that element .Is it smaller than this or bigger than that... How many time could you fit that element into this or that element.You want to ask yourself question i know it strange but if your not thinking your missing alot of the information you should be capturing.One of the biggest problem for you will be to estimate curvature of a line think about this is it barely curved,elliptic, round or extremely curved to do so you need to visualize imaginary point along that curve the bigger the distance the harder it is to guess.

Copying should be done actively you should be conscious of that internal dialog with yourself.

Once your done try to guess where the feature of the face would go if you can.The more your able to guess and make adjustment to your own estimation the more you will develop and understanding of the relation between each element of the face.Remember to put a verticale center line to help you with symmetry of the eye.If you copy only to copy you will not learn anything of value that would able to make face from your own imagination.Learn to observe and make relation and memorize those relation through repetition.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by darktiste - 10-09-2019, 08:32 PM