MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again
I think you should go back to those intersecting exercise and go apply some line weight to indicate your form direction .

For your ellipse the major point i want to correct would be this if i was you.Try to remember the word accelerate as you draw the ellipse to renforce the idea of the curve going from curve to really curved.I can take sometime before you eye catch what i am trying to explain.

Draw the full ellipse instead of trying to skip ahead your not at this point yet.

I find your texture to be to dark to read as the texture you try to represent in most case.Applying texture is an act of balancing the value and amount of detail you should be able to see your texture from a distance and still be able to tell what it is .If it to busy you lose what your look at and it become a big mass of dark.To create texture you need space between your white and dark if you put no space (no white you indicate that no light bounce on that texture.This is really ever the case except maybe in a scene were you see object at night and therefor shadow are much stronger.You will almost always have light bouncing around on surface even if they are way from the light source.But i am talking about advance stuff here but i think it important you understand this to understand why only black is rare.

[Image: d878b8b2.jpg]

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MagneticScrolls Sketchbook - Starting from the beginning again - by darktiste - 11-03-2019, 09:21 PM