DESQUOLOR's sketchbook -- journey to mastery
From what i see you suffer from speedy line.What i recommend is to use the palm of your hand as a speed detector.It will take practice but eventually if you draw enought you will be able to detect how fast you are moving your hand as it drag on a surface.
What is important is you understand the concept of lock wrist and drawing form the eldow.
Try both of those holding style and compare result.One trick is to make sure that you can see the line you making.What i mean by that is never work the pencil at angle where your finger hide the tips of the pencil from the eye.One of the most secret technique is to ... turn the paper so that you find the most natural position to draw from i personnaly think it easier to draw a diagonal than a straight line.Why turn the paper you ask well simply to transform that diagonal into a straight line.You are technically drawing a diagonal but the paper is not facing your body in the direction of the elbow.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DESQUOLOR's sketchbook -- journey to mastery - by darktiste - 06-08-2018, 10:28 PM