Bonesworth's Questionable Quality Drafting Book
well, ill put it this way, you need to ditch the idea that 1, learning realism is exclusively about learning photorealistic rednering, and 2 that your tastes will be consistent with who you are now and who you will become after a few years of training.

Proko teaches very little about shading, and mostly about line drawing and proper construction. He even discourages people on the program to shade the drawings.

Fundamentals, being perspective, anatomy, form, line weight, value, are what proko will teach you, and it maybe hard to track but any character design or comic artist who shows a high level of skill, will be well versed in the classical approach to drawing the figure and portrait. Kusha Krenz would be an example; He has a stylized approach, but can still draw portraits very well in a realist style.

The fundamentals of portraiture and figure drawing let you very easily dissect and adapt to any drawing style lightning fast because you can see what people are pushing and pulling to get that style. So ultimately, it would be a very bad move to skip studying portraiture on a realist level, the quicker you can get that skill the faster you can draw kickass faces in any style because youll know the function of each feature.

as far as other paid sources, i really adore watts online and New Masters Academy. again, they are teaching realism, but youll need to learn that stuff to push yourself deeper into art. Schoolism, is good too, if you want a good character design course, maybe check Stephen Silvers course on there.

The reason i said look at my sketchbook for how not to learn is so you can see someone, trying to skip important things like proper construction and drawing weird wonky things and trying to pass it off as style. Overall i like your attitude and wish you the best my dude, stap in

70+Page Koala Sketchbook: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3465.html SB

Paintover thread, submit for crits! http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-7879.html
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.882)]e owl sat on an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.[/color]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bonesworth's Questionable Quality Drafting Book - by Fedodika - 12-02-2018, 12:33 AM