Run Forest, run.
One of my Deathline goals last year was to get in shape.

It's been a pain and constant struggle, but my goal was to do cardio at least 3 days a week, every week. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I have NEVER worked out in my entire life... ever.

What helped a lot was using the (stupid sounding) Seinfeld Calendar and the Zombie Run app.
I also got a rather expensive gym membership which made me feel like I was wasting money if I missed a day, and also started with a gym buddy who was way more in shape than me and made me push myself so I didn't look like a complete looser. Finally I spent months trying to find the perfect blend of 90's pop and Manowar to get me motivated.

All these tricks and mental queues eventually changed my attitude, running is now part of my life, forever, not until I loose 5 pounds, or until I reach a goal. It's just something I will do, every week forever until my knees fall apart or something. It's a small mental change, but I found it crucial. A lot of people end up going to the gym every day for a week, than taking a month as a reward. Don't do that! Set a schedule and follow it.

To be perfectly honest I haven't lost much weight since I didn't change my diet too much. However when starting (Sometime in August 2012) I wasn't able to run for more than, say 3 minutes. Hell I would get winded walking up a flight of stairs to get to my gym.

Now I can do a 5k.

Don't get me wrong I'm still slow as hell (30-35 min for 3 miles), but I can sign up and take part in group races, which are great motivation btw.

The next step is cutting my time down and pushing the limit on my running time. By August I plan to do 4-5 miles. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck to everyone!

Great to hear Dracken! People obsess too much about losing weight sometimes I think, achieving good health is so much more than that!