Faster, Higher, Stronger
Was happy to see a place for fitness progress in this community.

I'm one of those people whose workflow and daily routine get very affected whenever I have health or mood issues. Was diagnosed with some kind of endocrine/metabolic problem last year after a year of battling debilitating fatigue, up and down weight and general malaise, doctor thinks it's PCOS but not sure. A year later, after starting green juicing, doing some basic yoga at home and getting more sleep I'm doing a bit better and have the energy to attend my classes and have somewhat of a routine back in place.

Goals: To get into a more advanced yoga routine, get my bad knee seen to, stop being skinnyfat (or at least soft) and get as lean and toned as I was in Asia. Get more sleep and stop being derailed by run-ins/arguments/mood. Do more running/walking through the city like I used to at night down to the waterfront.

Also to fine-tune my nutrition so I can hit my macronutrient goals, get more rest and not get done in by the artist lifestyle.

Obstacles: Bad knee, tendency to overload oneself with work, staying up too late, attacks of the munchies while doing art

Other stuff: Despite current bad habits like indulging in sugar-free candy or the occasional diet soda I'm usually a bit of a health nut and can discuss veggie juicing and my experience with (female) nutrition. (I don't practice anything like IF but am on CRON in keeping with scientific findings as stated here.)

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” - Carl Sagan
WIP/Sketches | FB

I will say, I've noticed when I'm in a caloric deficit that I generally feel better than when I'm in a surplus. I do find I really enjoy the lean feeling of a caloric deficit--which I'll be on again starting next week. I'd never heard of CRON, but it sounds like the basic idea I use with a deficit on IF--making sure I get all my macros in the correct amounts.

Yeah, I've had no real problems with running on a limited intake since beginning to eat "clean" five years ago. The only time I hit a major bump on the road was the fatigue I mentioned, which the doctor said could have been triggered by the stress of my big move here to the US for school. IF appears to work much better for men than women possibly due to hormonal makeup, most women I talk to who practice some form of CR have found it nearly impossible to do IF due to fluctations in mood, dizziness, etc. I did read it is far less beneficial for women as well. https://www.marksdailyapple.com/women-an...t-fasting/

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” - Carl Sagan
WIP/Sketches | FB

Bad knee greetings from Germany!