I'm not the only one?!
I have to say, I am freaking happily confused at the presence of a weight lifting / workout segment on an "art" forum!!!!

First, lemme say that this is my first forum post. I am a graphic designer who is trying to get back to my fine art roots. I went to art school but didn't finish and instead left to pursue other things before I came back almost full circle to the "arts" via design.

I am HEAVILY into lifting and working out. I am currently training for a Spartan Beast race. This is a 15(ish) mile obstacle race that goes straight up a ski slope with military style obstacles. FUN!

anyways.. i figured since this would be the appropriate place to introduce myself since i have no work really that I want to show yet.
Hey! Im doing Spartan races this year too. Mine are in the UK, also doing the Beast. I'm aiming for the Trifecta medal so doing all three distances this year. Where is the beast that you are doing?
(06-30-2013, 05:56 PM)Animare Wrote: Hey! Im doing Spartan races this year too. Mine are in the UK, also doing the Beast. I'm aiming for the Trifecta medal so doing all three distances this year. Where is the beast that you are doing?

You are??? That is awesome! This will be my first ever Spartan race (and it's a BEAST - am i crazy?) . I am in the US so the Spartan Beast I am running is in Vermont on a ski slope. I saw a sneak peek of the starting line and holy hell its straight up a hill for the first mile at least.
Lol you're crazy but Ive seen a few people on facebook who do the Beast first! Good luck! Practice burpess!