Farvus' Sketchbook
Hey, you have some really nice stuff in here! I really like you environments, especially those where you simplify your colors and shapes. I worry that you do a bit too many things at once, maybe it would be better to focus an one theme at a time. Do you have a specific goal like an environment concept artist for example? If you do it'd be probably better to focus on what you need to achieve that goal.

Anyway keep this up, Your work is great!

Pozdrawiam :)

BjorkJT - Thanks!

Piotr Jasielski - Unfortunately this is my curse that has been slowing my progress a lot. I can't help it. I always liked to experiment and try different themes. The good side to this is six years ago I landed at in-house job as 2d artist for casual games and it turned out that I have to do there a little bit of everything and handle different kind of projects. I would even sometimes worry I'm not versatile enough for what's thrown at me.
As for my direction. I'm pretty directionless lately. At some point I tried focusing entirely on environments because that's the best direction for me when it comes to going further in the games industry. I didn't manage to stay with it for long for several reasons. I actually enjoy studying other things too (like characters). Also I got my own ideas and projects that I want to do and it would be impossible to do these without different subject matter. I can't really tell complex story with environments alone.
I'll definitely end with those very rough abstractions. It was just my method to shake away my usual habits with using specific textures and shapes. Doing this too much though wouldn't lead anywhere.

For today quick asaro head studies. I'll do more traditional stuff for future updates. By that I mean stuff drawn in sketchbook. I feel like I stare at the monitor too much. :)

I'm the same, I think if I focused more on one thing it would turn out better for me, but I just couldn't decide - I wanted to do everything.

Hey. It's been a long while and I neglected this sketchbook while posting more on Facebook. The problem is that Facebook is now too time consuming and becomes and more like junkyard. All sorts of stuff mixed up. I'm trying to limit it but I'm not sure yet how to go about it yet.

This is going to be large post as in may I was doing #maysketchaday activity. Quick sketch every single day.

---

I startrd sketching my city from life and also meeting with local Urban Sketchers group. Here are some pages from my sketchbook dedicated to that.

---
A bit of photo reference studies.

---

Anatomy studies.

Just discovered you SB, super sweet stuff! I dig your linework, especially on those urban sketches. Keep it going!

miracoly - Thanks!

Pretty quick exercise in which I try to paint gray concrete ball in a way that it blends with the environment in the photo. It forces a bit to analyze how the light works.