Gliger's Sketchbook
Trying out some styles.

[Image: e8724k.png]

[Image: 24ezuqo.jpg]

[Image: fpcmk3.png]

Nice colors on that study. I see a couple anatomy issues. The eye brow isnt really following the form and perspective of the face. Also its hard to tell but the ear looks a little bit too far back on the skull. I think it would be a good idea to use your reference's colors (without using the eyedrop tool of course) and use a photo of a real person (you chould take a photo of yourself from the same angle) for referencing anatomy. Just a suggestion!

Thanks haze, I used a bust and a desklamp for a bit of reference.

I watched Frozen yesterday, this is some of the stuff I've done this morning.

[Image: 2lxz3ns.png]

I've always loved sketchdumps on deviantart, some of them are the most inspiring pics for me, I just can never get the feeling I want.

[Image: 246rk8m.png]
Study from a photo, Trying to simplify fur etc. tips and reference are welcome

Craig Mullins study

[Image: 5l8l78.png]

[Image: qzojgz.png]

HD

http://gliger.deviantart.com/art/Sketch-Dump-442000182

Sketch dumps are probably the coolest things that I can think of... More of these prz :3

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY
There is usually more on my blog...

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Gliger! Hey, these last few pages are looking damn good, especially that Craig Mullins study. I died when I saw that Dark Souls 2 painting, haha. It does stops raping you after the first few hours, though. :pp

These creature sculpts of yours are really good lookin' as well. It'd be cool to see a fully fleshed out creature in 3D. You've certainly got a good handle on 3D.

Anyways, keep up the wonderful work. :]

Here you go Mat haha.

Archreux, do I? I don't know what half the stuff in the interface does, and I still don't get zspheres, aaand I still haven't found out how to put multiple 3D objets in 1 sculpture. But thanks hehe.
[Image: 29m0imp.png]

Nice studies! That cartoon overpaint is really sweet!

[Image: 2my2sfn.png]

WORK IN PROGRESS
Study from vikings
[Image: 123y4pj.png]

I'm listening to the Macho Man Randy Savage rap album and I can't stop. Put your hands in the air!!!... and wave them like you just don't caaaare.

Ooh Likee <3

Thanks ursula

CRITS PLZ

[Image: 27y5t03.png]

[Image: e7ckg4.png]

I'm going to do some other stuff, I might take it further someday when I neet to study details, but this one was just for values.

Alright, if we're just critting values...

There are a ton of missed opportunity for value nuance that you've missed.
For example: the cloth in the foreground character (Rothgar?) is missing a ton of it.
I know it's a matter of detail work, but most of the highlights are gone.
That applies to the whole thing honestly.
Just push that contrast up! And it will make this pop a ton more.

I would also suggest you check out Rene Aigner's post on 'Making it your own' http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-4...l#pid61718
I think that this could be applied to this piece quite a bit.
For example pushing the contrast to where the main guy pops a ton more.
Just a suggestion more than a crit though.

Anatomically, I would watch the people in the background.
The guy on the left isn't facing the same direction.
And there are also quite a few subtleties here too that could be polished more.

Saying all that though, this is a pretty solid attempt.
I understand it was less of a full render and more of just a simple value study, so all I can really suggest is to just keep pushing on more of these.
Perhaps simpler compositions with a much clearer lighting scheme might help though.
This all over light seems to be pushing your ref in the opposite direction.

Anyway... keep it up!

LE SKETCHYBOOK ~ BLOGGY
There is usually more on my blog...

GIVE A CRIT, GET A CRIT!
Thanks man, I think I'm gonna try and push it more, after 2 days, I can now really see what you mean.

Meanwhile... more cheetahs.

[Image: 34xnzg6.png]

[Image: fm6y4j.png]

These sketches are really nice. Ragnar is looking really nice, flip the image a few more times and take a closer look at his face/eye placement. His right, you're left, eye seems a bit off from the ref. Otherwise it's really shaping up, hope you're learning a lot!

Man, you're 3D looks way better than what I'm capable of, and I've been taking 3D classes, haha. Bringing multiple objects from one program into another can cause so many problems, there's been so many times a teacher at my school had to stop class to figure out problems that resulted from transportation . . . I still don't even know what half the interface does, either. :DD

Looking at the ref again, I think the top of his head is a bit high, still consider taking a second look at the eyes. The likeness is there, though. So the hard part is outta the way. :]

[Image: 23h93bp.png]

All while listening to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5lJ7tXWz74 , it's awesome.