16 and Ready to Lose 16 lb
I've gained 5lb since this summer, and it ticks me off. I NEED to do better than this! I've slowly gained about half a pound each month for the past 2 years, despite being more health-conscious than any of my friends or siblings.
Mostly because I'm vegetarian, no meat or eggs. Meaning I HAVE to watch what I eat or I wouldn't be healthy, haha.

First off- fat is not a negative word. Nooo. Fat is good. But unfit is baaad. So if I say 'fat' a lot, it doesn't mean I have an excess of fat (or that I am fat), but just refers to fat as its own physical entity. Not a characteristic.

I may not be 'over weight,' but I am over my ideal weight by about 15 pounds. This is a LOT for a girl my height, being 5 feet. I have a curvier frame than my sisters, with wider hip bones and very square cheekbones. My legs and chest tend to huddle most of my fat. So it may not show so much on me, but it's starting to, and I feel it mentally, emotionally, and physically when I get sluggish and lazy and don't eat right. It effects my sleeping habits and my studying if I'm not active.

Goal:
drop 4 pounds a month for the next 4 months. To give myself a little wiggle room, say 16 pounds by next June (6 months). If I only lose 2 pounds a month during the holiday seasons, that's a-okay with me.

Plan:
weigh myself each morning.
log calories with a journal- if this gets too tedious or if I'm out and about, keep a small journal to write down consumed food/drinks.
live on a 1200 cal diet, but eat HEALTHY
get off caffeine. Cut cold turkey at the end of November.
work out 5-6 times a week. Cardio, Pop Pilates, bicycling, yoga.
condition myself- get used to exercising, and to eating healthier foods.

Starting weight- 118 lb. Ideal weight- 100-105 lb. Fitness is also what I'm striving for, but that's hard to measure, so just... fitter.

The following data will be updated weekly, biweekly, or monthly. It's meant to log information, and to show back-to-back extremes from earlier in the month to near the end of the month. Helps to keep track of weight loss and keep motivated. ANYONE is free to join in!
Cal:
Exercise:
Weight:
Mistakes:

Please note I will likely not be posting pictures.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. -Albert Einstein

We say we waste time, but that is impossible. We waste ourselves. -Alice Bloch
If you own a smart phone, there are apps that make logging easier, the best is perhaps MyFitnessPal. Also, don't weigh yourself every day. There's really no point since then you'd just be logging if you peed more one morning or something. Once a week is best.
1200 calories is very very low, I know you are small, but do you know how much you eat right now? You only need a 500 calories a day deficit to lose 1 pound a week, AFTER counting your exercise. If you eat too little, you might not get all the nutrients you need, your body is still growing (even if you are not getting taller) so it's not a good idea to starve yourself.

You know a lot about weight lose! Thanks for writing all this out for me!

I eat 1500-2000 on a normal day- that is, a day filled with 2-3 candies, some icecream, or fried foods. This wouldn't bother me, but that I've been slowly gaining weight and losing concentration and energy.

I used loseit.com to help me decide my calorie budget, entering my height, weight, and goals. It calculated the calorie budget for me based on its own information about the 3500 calorie staple and the ideal body weight formula (as I understand). I've also dappled into that myself, and found that I can keep a 1200 cal budget comfortably if I have some self-control, and a little bit of indulgence each day haha.
Thanks to loseit, I'm also able to add my exercise (about 250 cal. burned each day doing 45 to an hour's worth of cardio) and thus gain an edge on my budget.

I've done a fair amount of research into healthy, balanced diets thanks to my vegetarian habits. It takes a lot of work to substitute other foods for the same vitamins and proteins found in meat, and even now, I'm taking a Vitamin D supplement.
On a normal day, I eat refried beans, cottage cheese, bananas/apples, a spinach salad for lunch (iron...), and perhaps mac and cheese or malt o meal or something, anything, for dinner. I keep myself stocked on tofu, oatmeal, and other whole foods. It works GREAT, so long as I keep to those habits.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. -Albert Einstein

I'm glad you looked into what would be a good number of calories to eat and not just picked the lowest number you thought you could eat. Those calculations are just estimates however, I lost 20 lbs since July and I know that the software I use greatly over estimates how many calories I need to eat every day to maintain my weight. But that's just me, every body is different.

True, but so far, so good :)

Weekly update: Monday the 18th of November to Friday the 22nd of November. A bit early.

Realizing that the 'cal/calorie' aspect of my form isn't something I can write out accurately. I'll give it my best bet, but some days I was out and about or too careless to keep track of my food intake. I've now got a little notebook I'll carry around with me for such days.

Cal: Est. 9900, ideal 8400. Counting tomorrow and Sunday as '1200'
Exercise: Very little, not enough. Rode my bike to the local college, 4-5 miles. THAT'S IT.
Weight: Scale broken D':
Mistakes: Didn't exercise enough, that's the big thing. Second- didn't enter calories every day. Also- didn't eat healthy foods, such as fruit and veggies, as much as I could have.
Goals/Changes: for next week: More fruits, more veggies, more exercise, less food intake, less caffeine. Down to 30-60mg of caffeine a day, as opposed to 480mg habit. Headaches starting to come on.

Hey buddy! My only advice is to stay consistent; discipline is the key! Good job so far and good luck to your pursuits in the future!

Sketchbook

I missed my work out but it worked out
actual eating 800 cals isn't as hard as it seems. You can go all day with eating 500 calories in healthy meals u just have to be eating the right things.
eat fat lose fat
Diffidently if you lose calories you lose weight but calorie is require for body reshape two type of calories good calories and bad calories,avoid bad calories food because this type of food are gain body weight.