Vornag's Happy-Go-Funtime Turbo Ultra Resurrected Hopefully Trainwreck
Oooh, interesting. Not sure what's going on yet, but it's intriguing. Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Armuh.

Scream at what I'm doing wrong in my sketchbook
it helps a lot
If youre interested in various armors and history, there are Osprey books on the matter, not only armors but forts and castles too.
Keep it up man :)

far too tired to do anything

it helps a lot

it helps a lot
Oooh, dynamic poses. You're getting better! Looks awesome, honestly. Keep at it! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

The armors and figure drawings look amazing. You have managed to capture their energy, which is awesome! Do you have any tips for figure drawing?

A single spark to set in motion cycles untold.

Thanks Book and Purple.

I would say that my inactivity is due to being busy, but that's only partially true. Gotta stop slacking.

it helps a lot
Very interesting environment you're making! Push it to the limit! Stahp slacking! Work hard! Thumbs_up YOU CAN DO IIITT.

Sketchblag

Okay, so.

Between being sick, lacking motivation, shit I have to do and MGSV I haven't been drawing a whole lot, minus some personal drawings that I don't feel like sharing.

Happy to be back in the groove, or rather yet trying to get back in the groove. Might just fall behind after a couple days again but hey, I tried.

I need to get more paintings down. I feel comfortable drawing, but painting still feels like ancient magic.

it helps a lot
Hey. Great sketchbook. You got some good ideas.

I think at this stage of development you need to focus a lot on training your eye for proportion. I mean doing some life studies where you spend most of the time on measuring lengths and angles and trying to put them right on paper. Then second comes putting values. If you couldn't find motivation to do this then some life drawing classes/sessions might help.

Keep going :)
I think since this was from your head, it's an awesome job! Might want to observe some greyscale values on photographs and/or observing life.

Keep working hard! Doodle something everyday! Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

If you don't mind me going on a tangent.

Every day I fall deeper into the rabbit hole and delay my progress more and more.

There are pressing matters that I need to attend to, sure, but the free time I have is spent procrastinating and not doing anything productive. I've lost my drive and the long (involuntary and unintentional) pause has done nothing to restore it, which sucks.

I won't say to my self that I'll be back in the swing of things soon as I myself know that's hardly true. I just feel burdened by the things going on to the point where I blow it out of proportion even though everything's as it should be.

It's not like I've completely stopped drawing, infact it's quite the opposite. Every now and then when there's downtime I sketch whatever I feel like, and that's tons of fun. But when I set my mind specifically to drawing, I get demotivated and start to avoid it. Thus came the month of sketchbook silence.

I'll get my drive back in due time. I won't lie- that time isn't now. Though that pessimistic outlook is an unhealthy relationship to keep with anything, the responsibilities should pass in a week or two and at that point I might be back in business.

I wasn't expecting any sort of replies to my previous update, but I'm thankful for the comment Bookend and Farvus.

So have some concepts I've been doing for a dnd campaign I'm running.

it helps a lot
Never occurred to me just how much I missed drawing. Feels good. By proxy I realized how much I missed music too, as I never listen to it without me drawing/painting stuff.

Did a lot of stuff today, but the majority of it is super personal stuff and I don't feel like showing it, so have some more sketches.

it helps a lot
really excited for crowfall

have a stalker wip.

it helps a lot
more stalker progress and some hands

it helps a lot
ayylmao mipmip wipwip

it helps a lot
Oh hey it might be a good idea to actually update this thing.

Thank you so much for your compliments and critique, Sketch. Painting is still an incredibly alien concept to me as this entire time I've done mostly nothing but linework, resenting painting because I wasn't good at it and putting it off because "I'll get to there"

I do keep a black/white color layer to check back on the value every now and again, but I'm struggling with lowering the value while simultaneously keeping the color right. I'll get to there with practice, which will come over way too much fucking time because holy shit I'm slacking hard.

Looking at the render now, I could do with lowering the value on her hands so that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I don't know how to go about adding color to the ground, if I even should. I tried a brownish color since the floor's supposed to be dirt of some kind, but it just didn't seem right. The color disparity makes the figure pop out, sure, but it pops out -too- much, which doesn't fit the character and just looks out of place, like they're a cutout just pasted onto the picture and everything else is unfinished, which... Yeah, it is.

I'd really appreciate some guidance on how to go about adding color to the floor and making the figure blend in with the background just a little tiny bit.

it helps a lot
Moving on.

it helps a lot
looking cool Vornag, I would suggest to start refining some sketches and try to see if you can carry through some into a finish, it looks like you need to work on refining some stuff, like gesture, facial expression, and looking on how to render materials and lighting.