Neopatogen training plan/goals
I feel awful if I don't engage into physical activities! I've never been fat, I just need sport to be healthy and in good mood. I train at home. So here is my training plan:
1. Stretching (yoga) - 30-40 minutes every day or every 2 days. In any case I must not miss more than 2 days, otherwisw I get stiff.
2. Power training - ABS and back 3 times a week, push-ups once a week, triceps once a week (or if possible, go to pull-up bar in the park once a week), legs once a week.
3. Cardio once a week (if possible, go to swimming pool twice a month). 

Goals in accordance to the plan: 
1. Side split till May, 01st (about 12 cm left).
2. Be able to do 15 full push-ups (chest reaching floor) till June (I currently do 5) and to stand on my hands. Being able to pull up in a year (it's not my priority).
3. Just to feel good :)

I'm going to update my progress within 1 or 2 months.

As for stretching, I'd be happy to share experience, if anyone here practices it too or needs help in finding resourses.

Good luck with your training. If you can share some advice regarding stretching I'd be obliged.

I'd also advise you to do some back and legs excercises. It's very important if you want to improve your vitality.

(03-03-2016, 10:20 AM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Good luck with your training. If you can share some advice regarding stretching I'd be obliged.

I'd also advise you to do some back and legs excercises. It's very important if you want to improve your vitality.

A small stretching tutorial for @Piotr Jasielski and everyone interested in splits and healthy back! It's actually only one excercise for now which I personally consider the most effective one. Don't forget warming up before doing it! 
I use mostly Igor Fresh's techniques, it's a Russian coach. I also read some stuff and I took gymnastics classes as I was a kid, that was 10 years ago but I remember the basics.

I decided to practise Loomis and Proko by drawing training mannequins. Sorry if there are some mistakes, I'm trying my best! I hope I'll draw other excercises that I practise, too. Perhaps I'll also add some anatomy and clothes later as I learn more :)

@Piotr Jasielski You are absolutely right about back and legs. Back gets stiff after sitting in front of the computer. For a correct split, strong back muscles are also extremely important.  And as for legs training, is also a great warming up before stretching.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks, that's really cool!

I was always doing humpbacks :(

(03-04-2016, 11:41 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Thanks, that's really cool!

I was always doing humpbacks :(

You can have a rest for several seconds with a humpback if you're tired, but then strain the back again :)

I rest with a humpback for several hours a day on my computer. I need to change that habit :)

What the hell we're so alike! :D

lmao

crazy!

Anyways, you've got this! All the best, you're gonna get like Mr. Fantastic from Fantastic 4...! ...only.. like. a chick!

You'll smash these goals!

Go go go go!

(03-08-2016, 04:09 AM)smrr Wrote: What the hell we're so alike! :D

lmao

crazy!

Anyways, you've got this! All the best, you're gonna get like Mr. Fantastic from Fantastic 4...! ...only.. like. a chick!

You'll smash these goals!

Go go go go!

頑張りましょう! Sorry for Japanese but's it's a perfect word

Hey!

Really nice training plan. Good luck!
I do a little bit of stretching too once in a while so thanks for the tips.

I'm in a goal revising mood today :)
So, here are my current results:
- Stretching (yoga) - yes, but had a break a bit more than a week, had cramps in my feet while stretching (now it's ok). My best result of split was 8 cm, so I don't think it's possible to make a split within 2 weeks. Anyway, I'll keep stretching write my progress in the beginning of May and update my goals.
- Power training - ABS and back 3 times a week -yes, push-ups once a week - yes, but sometimes that were lazy push-ups, triceps once a week - not sure, got to write stuff down, legs once a week - yes.
- Cardio once a week - nope, except for the last 3 weeks, I've been swimming once and the bicycle season has started.
Feeling good - yep, except days when I haven't slept enough.
I won't change my plan for now, just a small note: in case of being a bit out of condition, better a short lazy workout than no workout at all.

@Farvus glad to hear that my tip helped! One more goal - one training tip-sketch a week to post here!

Ooooh! This is dope! Just as long as you're consistent and patient, the gains shall be gained!!!

Sketchbook

I missed my work out but it worked out
Thank you for encouragement Jak!

So...I think I can say I can do a cross split now. Took me a lot longer than I thought it would, can't say for sure but probably almost 2 years. I had breaks during practice, 1 week to 1 month, and sometimes missed trainings, but during the last month I was really consistent. I can't really make a split anytime, without warm-up and some excercises.  And if I stop now, I'll lose it rather fast. Also, for me there was not a special day when I"did it", it's like with lost edges in painting, plus there are some split variations that I can't do.
For me, it turned not only a health/personal achievement issue, but also a matter of training consistency and focus, which I need for my art journey as well, as well as beleiving in yourself. And I got a half lotus pose as a bonus, plus preparatory excercices are really good for the back. 
ill keep up my stretching practice. 
If anyone needs advice on splits, feel free to ask. I found out that consistency, focus and mindfulness are the main issues with stretching, but anyone starting out will inevitably have a ton of questions and might easily get harm instead of health.

Still haven't achieved my push-ups goal. Actually, I found out that my technique wasn't correct back when I created this thread, now I'm doing it right, no cheating :) 

No strict deadlines for now, I just  do push-ups and abs 3 times a week , tracking results, and stretch ideally every daybut not missing more than 2 days.

Hey. Congratulations on achieving your split goal! There's definitely connection between honing discipline in physical fitness and honing discipline in arts. Being consistent is a skill that can transfer to any activity.

Good luck on your push-ups training!