Jezahna's Sketchbook
Hey guys, my name is Jezahna, I am nine-teen and I hail from Australia. I'm currently a student at university undergoing a Bachelor of Digital Media. Right now I'm on my university break and I'm looking to improve my skills and maybe meet a few other artists :)

The first artwork I will introduce is one that I finally finished today, a digital painting of Yang from RWBY. I really value any constructive critique so let me know your thoughts.

I also painted a landscape recently for a local contest. 

Thanks for having a look.
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Jezahna :).

Nice work there, I like the colours and values you've used.

On that girl though, be careful with her left upper arm. It looks a little too short. Unless you are going for some foreshortening in which case, you could have maybe indicated that a little more with the creases in her shirt.

Nice work overall though - keep it going :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Decided to practice my line-art skills in a slightly different style with an old character. Turned into a half-painting >_>

(11-01-2016, 05:19 PM)Artloader Wrote: Welcome to Crimson Daggers Jezahna :).

Nice work there, I like the colours and values you've used.

On that girl though, be careful with her left upper arm.  It looks a little too short.  Unless you are going for some foreshortening in which case, you could have maybe indicated that a little more with the creases in her shirt.

Nice work overall though - keep it going :).

Hi Artloader,
Yes the girls arm was meant to be fore-shortened and I definitely see what you mean. I wish I had thought of putting more creases in her shirt to indicate that. Thank you for your advice and I'll make sure to put that detail in when I revisit the picture or the next time I try to use fore-shortening :D
First time I've worked on a figure perspective painting since 2010 (it was a truly cringe-worthy drawing: http://xtremeoverdrive.deviantart.com/ar...-184197461 )  >_> Any advice or constructive critique would be greatly appreciated.

Blake from RWBY. I found this one very difficult and I'm super unsure about the results. 

Practiced more line-art with some new art-liners I got and tried out the new markers I got :D Michelle from R.O.D

Been practicing :) this is last in team RWBY series of paintings I've been working on. I had to work on it slowly since my hand starts to swell up recently when I'm drawing...

Hey Jezahna, some good work in here so far.

The last one came out quite nice.
As for some crits on it, I'd probably rework her left knee and right hand a little; get some reference if you need. Also, be careful with that tangent on her left boot following the line of her right thigh, and the end of that cape is getting too close for comfort to the tip of the scythe end.

(11-30-2016, 03:56 PM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: Hey Jezahna, some good work in here so far.

The last one came out quite nice.
As for some crits on it, I'd probably rework her left knee and right hand a little; get some reference if you need. Also, be careful with that tangent on her left boot following the line of her right thigh, and the end of that cape is getting too close for comfort to the tip of the scythe end.

Hi Dennis,
Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll make sure to work on the right hand and the left knee, I was having a lot of difficulty getting them to work so it makes sense to use some reference for them. I also didn't realize the tangent happening with the boot, I'll try to fix that too along with the scythe end.
Did something for fun :)

Recent colour sketches I did inspired by MTG cards my partner chose out from his collection:

Recent 30 minute speed paints (trying to improve my painting speed):

^^ this is the first speed paint I've done in a while. As you can see it's not very good >_>

^^ the one I like the most.

Portrait (practice in rendering and studying the face):