Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Master Quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pedro Cardoso

hello there!!

First things first. I'm Pedro, i live in Rio, Brazil. I study Design, but i'm really desappointed with its teaching of drawing and painting.

So, i've been kind of teaching myself, looking for information at forums and stuff, for some time now. But about a year ago i met some really great people that are really interested in improving their art and illustrations, giving classes and teaching people like me in the process. Since i go to college, and i have to graduate(will do so in a couple of years) i try to maintain a 5-6 hour drawing at home every day, counting the classes in digital painting and a live figure session at an atelier i attend.

I'm a big fan of Dave's and Dan's work and initiative with this study group, and i'm here to learn and grow as an artist. Also, i'm one of those guys that hugely believe in studying traditional basics to learn art, and then aply the knowlege to digital or whatever.

So here i'll post, above all, studies from bargue drawings, master copies, sketchbook excercises, that kind of stuff. Plus, i'll try to keep it up with my adventures in the digital world too.

sorry for the long text, but i think it will help you to get to know me! we'll talk more as we go. here's the fun stuff!!

Some copies in oils, a cast, a Andrea del Sarto and a wip of a statue(that will proprably never get finished...):

[attachment=3922]
[attachment=3923]
[attachment=3924]

some digital stuff now. a Jaime Jones study in grayscale, a Frazeta, a Peter Paul Rubens aand a viking:

[attachment=3925]
[attachment=3926]
[attachment=3927]
[attachment=3928]

Pedro Cardoso

so, as I didn' have enought time todays morning, i'll upload some traditional studyes now. the male figures are copyes, the female from life and there's also a photo study of a bust, a Dürer and a Caravaggio. enjoy!

[attachment=3960]
[attachment=3961]
[attachment=3962]
[attachment=3963]
[attachment=3964]
[attachment=3965]
[attachment=3966]
[attachment=3967]
[attachment=3968]
[attachment=3969]
[attachment=3970]
Wow nice work! You're human form studies are excellent and I really like the grayscale jaime jones study, great work. Keep working hard!

Pedro Cardoso

Psychobuddy

Wow man awesome traditional stuff, well awesome stuff all around...just keep working you already have impressive amounts of skill :)

Pedro Cardoso

a mass drawing in oils from yesterday. took about 4 hours in this one. no medium used, just the oils out of the tube. this exercise is from the book The Practice and Science of Drawing, of Harold Speed. i really recommend it.

[attachment=4149]

Vablo

Looking great, especially the traditional stuff is so darn good.

Keep up the good work man, can't wait to see more!
Nice studies! That character design comin along sweet too.

Pedro Cardoso

thanks guys!!

heres some little update on the character:

[attachment=4150]
You are working hard man! Love those traditional pieces. Can't wait to see more!

Pedro Cardoso

some changes to the character concept:

[attachment=4345]