Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Terran it up....ehhh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Thanks Jones.

It's funny you should say that, Lumens. I've had windwaker in the back of my mind while painting him. It's cool that leaked in.

Alright, final merchant and a speed painting I did for the GDS challenge I pushed a little further. On to Menes and other things~
Th_116_ Anatomy Studies.
The seasons have past and the new age is apon us, let us work towards our glorious ascension! ahhahaha
[attachment=11252]

But yeah...stuff, studies and a dirty sketch.

Happy New-Year! I look forward to the coming year of improvement with you all! kisses.
I've had a very unproductive week due to a few reasons, most being my own fault. Not to happy with it, but I at least learned something from it.
I've been getting mucked up recently with my improvement rate and being unhappy with it(boo hoo, wah, ect.) Anyways, I've kicked that additude to the curb and decided to put a hold on Crimson Characters for a while and focus on getting better in fundamentals, then coming back to it later.

But yeah, here is some more junk.
do what you gotta do man don't worry about having to cut back on the characters event.

whats most important is doing your own thing and making improvement.
Thanks for the support, mate.

Face parts from imagination and then face with ref.
nice practice mate, my only suggestion is to push your values a bit more, other than that, just keep working! :)
Will do Ed, trying to keep them in mind but I forget sometimes and things turn out even flatter, haha.

Was gonna wait until later today before I posted but this is in the forefront of my mind and I wanna get it out now.

I realized I've been worrying to much about making things nice and pretty before I post and I'm wasting a lot of my time and getting demotivated because of it. I'm not here to look good and get pats on the back, I'm here to learn and get better. That includes failing hard and repeatedly. Trying to hide that from you all is only going to hurt me, waste my time and defeat the purpose of being here. You can help me see how I failed so I can fix it even better. You've all been telling me my values need work and I appreciate it, I didn't really even realize it until you guys started pointing it out. Right now I really wanna get better at Values, color and texture rendering as everything I do looks like clay. So yeah, incoming failures. Fuck yeah <3

1 hour on each man. first with ref and 2nd applying. He had weird abs, I swear Th_053_XD
I realized the next morning how bad the values on cowboy man were(thanks again ed) so I decided to touch it up, then I realized I threw out the ref. So whatever, I did it anyway.
[attachment=12254]
I think everyone can relate with occasionally posting for the sake of asspats.
As for the mma guys, these examples from when daggers where just starting out are a great
exercise to understand the underlying forms of ripped dudes.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread....gers/page5
scroll down to see Dave's example.

Let's punch lazines in the face!
Thanks for sharing, Lumens! I hadn't seen the original thread before, that is awesome. I think I might follow along :D
Let's hit laziness so hard it can't get back up! YEAH YEAH! 047352f3

Tried starting in grayscale and only remembered how much I disliked it when moving to color.
Had a character half done but photoshop crashed and corrupt filed me :(
i like those muscle studies! now do 100 more! :)
Got busy over the weekend and then my eyes hurt when I looked at a screen Monday D:
Then I just forgot to post Tuesday hahaha, anyways!

cage has man shoulders and no neck and I told myself I wasn't going to go that far with the knight but I did it anyway 7f5341cc
the studies are looking good, remember to apply it :)
yeap
Nice texture on the helm!
I like the portrait too :) You captured a nice color palette on it.
Not a good week, feel like I took a step backwards. Couple timed movie stills and some scraps I wasn't happy enough to continue with.
hahah nice man i love that heimer and blitz :)
New schedule, butchered faces. YEAH!
study sickness, yeahhhh. Need to change my approach during the imaginative part of the day.

Myrmirada

g-goo-'job! ;) can see you're slowly getting away from the clay look :) very slowly, but you are ^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11