Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Terran it up....ehhh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Aah your progress is so amazing and inspirational! The bears look awesome, and the difference between your two self-portraits is huge. Keep it up <3
You've made great strides since your first post.

Something small that I would suggest that might make your images really *POP*:
Try the smart sharpen option right at the end to just see what might happen, also try a levels layers on certain aspects of each piece.

Anyway, just keep rockin' it, you're on a good path.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words! <3

Just a small update of a couple doodles and that study.
That self portrait comparison... Terran that's some damn nice improvement! Real motivation booster right there. Keep it coming Man.
Thanks, Russell! Glad you found it motivational like I did, haha!

Hey guys, I'm not slacking I swear! These bears are just putting up a good fight Toothless Here I fiddled with that weird staff guy as a break from them and I gave in to the trend I tried out the speedpaint thing. Was really hard since I haven't done anything rushed in quite awhile haha, really fun though! Might do more~
Hey great sb! I like the first guy in the last post, i think it has really interesting design, I would like to see it more developed if you are gonna take it further.
All I can say is when you study make sure you know where the light is coming from :)

And that self portrait jump in 1 year time is just epic. Good for you sir.
dayum, your progress from december/2014 to four months later is tremendous, thumbs up! i said i would give you some feedback, but i guess i learned more from your sketchbook than you could learn from me :b

Also, i see on that CA thread, everyone posting "master studies" etc, is there a art study agenda or something?
Damn, nice progress man, like that monster with the staff and the speedpaint(you plan on developing that further?)
Daamn man, what an awesome leap you've made between those two portraits! You're one grinding manmanchine made to obliterate canvases with mighty brushstrokes. Awesome!
I'd give you the most handsomest boy award if I could.

Great statue-study in post #143, I like that you saw something less contrasted toward the head. Gives it really nice depth. Was it that monochromatic though? Would be cool if you experimented with bringing in splashes of color to it. I don't know the material or lightning situation. But from what I've seen, marblestatues get a red-like shadow! Who knew! Might be museums fiddling too much with the light though :P

I really dig that staff-dude aswell, please continue with it so that I can love it some more. :D
Thanks for all the feedback guys! You're all great!

I actually picked the reference because of how monochromatic it was, Bjulvar. In retrospect I probably should have looked for better reference or at least considered how much the light was messed with! Thanks for the heads up <3

So I pulled a pretty bad disappearing act there, gonna try and not do that again Shock Missed you guys! Can't wait to get back to it and go through everyone's sketchbooks again!

Here are some studies and speedstuff to try and break the rust off!
Love the figure studies <3
On architecture piece, I think a little more of lasso tool on the shapes inside would have helped.

Keep it up <3
Yeesh, you really did go M.I.A >.> nonetheless, it's good to have you back--! :D

Man, I tell you, your studies are kicking ass! Also, that dino-creature looks badass.
Would be cool to see you fully-apply these anatomy studies to an imaginative piece ~

Keep 'em coming (and regularly O:< haha)
That dragon creature concept is real cool!
atrenr's triumphant return! let's both try not to go AWOL again XD
Studies are looking badass, try to apply what you learn from them more. I find it pretty hard to read that dragon creature, the values are all too similar around the wing and tail area and I can't easily tell what's closer or further away.
Great studies and I love the last piece, has a nice mood, keep on it!
Thanks for the tip, Sula. Totally should have caught those edges.

Thank you, smrrfette! I really do need to get better at applying these things, I agree haha.

Thanks, meat :)

Indeed, Sam. I need to do better with values. Mine are always weak Bomb

Thanks Blewzen!

2 posts in the same month. BOOM! Not done with some of it but yeah, more soon. <3
Was a bit lazy with the master study, didn't even change brushes but it was a quicky so whatever.
hot damn! you sketchpad looks great! keep em coming! ;D
Nice studies and stuff! You might wanna try working in grayscale for your imagination work and zooming out +squinting often to see if it's all reading. I think that ice skeleton's glove is too similar to his cloak atm, it makes the hand sort of blend in and become hard to read.
So good!
The planes bust studies! <3 Ice lich is coming out pretty great too!

Great work man!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11