Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Terran it up....ehhh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
your lines are so beautiful, gosh. And I just love the wip on the ice lich, it's really really nice, it's going to be a great finished piece.
Thanks everyone!

Nice catch, Sam. I gotta rethink the colors before I continue with him but I'll be extra attention to readability <3

Just some lizard dudes, wanted to try that dragon thing from earlier again. Only not so lazy about it Shock Colors are really hard Bomb

Edit: Just wanted to mention these are super inspired by some dragon heads pkmike did awhile back :)
Gonna go ahead and post another wip because I'm lazier when I am sitting on stuff to post lol

Started the lich over because I wasn't happy about where it was going. Also a quick dragon sketch to try and apply some anatomy I learned.
Haha I might recognize getting lazier when sitting on a treasurecove of posts! Though, I have that evil thought of " Can't disappoint 'em now!"

I really like those dragon heads! The left one is very readable in it's form, also dig it's colors. You're getting better at that man! The right has an interesting design, haven't seen anything like it. Looks like you had fun!

Good call on the Lich, the last silhouette was looking kind of weak and unplanned. This newer version is much more dramatic and dynamic. Would be cool to see you go all out on that one. Spend some time observing ice and gems, will probably pay off when you apply it to him!

Keep it up :)
Hey, the progress you've made up to this point is really awsome.

Your studies are really nice, and it seems like you're learning a lot from them. I also really like a lot of the stuff on this more recent page. The dragon heads, and everything else are all really nice. There's a lot of potential in this dragon piece you're working on also, so keep it up on those.

If I could offer a bit of a crit, it'd only be that your more finished stuff could just use an extra degree on polish to them. The amount of finish you put into the studies are really nice, if you can get in that much on imaginative stuff they'll be looking twice as good in no time!

Don't stahp! :]
Thanks advice guys!

Just a 2h life study for now, really rusty on doing these Shock
Thanks for the comment bro!
Studies looking nice, little hard to tell where the light's coming from since the jaw is the only thing that really appears to be lit :/
Keep killing it!
Ohhh that lizard dragon this is awesome, I love the sub surface scattering on the oragne one! Really nice.

With the still life you should play a bit with edges, like the bottom of the stand, is a hard edge even though it is shadow side in a shadow. Soften that shit up man... (Well..that sounded terrible)

Keep on keeping on man, work hard and kick arse!
[Image: UyT256c.gif]
I can make this good if I keep pushing. I can feel it deep within....probably.

I also have something else I've been working on along side this. Don't wanna show it just yet but soon =)
You can do it bro!!! I might take another look at your value structure, maybe consider checking the skeleton pic in grayscale more often. Right now his silhouette sorta blends into the tree behind him and the light source isn't clear.
Here's a quick PO, made some descisions you might not agree with to try and get a clearer read. Darkened the background to make him pop out and lightened up the glow under his clothes, now that under-cloak glow's the main light source and there's overcast light from the sky. The forearms show the lighting really clearly in this scheme, so you gotta nail their values! It seems like you made them brighter than they ought to be on the bottom. And I decided to give him glowy eye magics. It's a cliche, but it helps draw the eye over to his face which doesn't have much light on it.
[Image: BnFhc6u.jpg]

Great job on the painting here! facial plane study's looking nice as well.
Whaddup Terran?! Happy birthday man!!
(Yessss I'm a creeper, I think we've established that :3)

Cool stuff you're pumping out, I dig that wispy blue skull dude - what a badass!

Yep, keep pushing dude! You know you have it in you and we know to have it in you ^ ^
I'm looking forward to the piece you've been working on in the dark :)

Hope you're having a great one!
That gif lol... Not sure it applies to your work tho. No need to be that harsh.
The plane head studies came out very well defined.
I like the concept of the lich, although I prefered the previous version where the legs were smoky. And tight now the forearms are rather unclear.
Good luck on finishing it
those lizard heads look sweet! cant wait to see what you're hiding from us
Thanks, Sam! I knew I was forgetting to do something and of course it was check values. Originally they were going to be snow but it was just a random design element that wasn't reading so I ditched them. And I was totally going to go with the cliche, just didn't want to put them in before I really figured out how I was gonna do the skull, haha. Thanks for the po!

Thank you, smrrfette! Those were some very kind words to start my day on :)

It was used light heartedly, Tom. But thanks!

Thanks, Ben. They were a lot of fun.

Alright, I'm impatient and want to show it so here he is unfinished : s Still working on readability but he is getting there. I'm very pleased with this guy so far just on how much I've learned alone. And another wip on skeleman, some really rough sketches to get some ideas out of my head and a god forsaken study I am backing away from.

[Image: eXYcHwU.gif]
:O Love the guy with the tree <3 Awesome one!
whoa... whoahwoahowahoewhaojoahwo!!

Tree Dude is bloody amazeballs!! Loving him... just absolutely.... yeah! *high fives*!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Dropping by to say you're doing well in terms of progress :D.

Bear-tree-dude is the shizzz. SO much detail and love put into it.
Yeah, that bear is looking real nice.

Keep up the hard work. And keep twerking that art thang!
log-bear-guy is totally amazing like everyone's saying, great job atrenr!
Wow the bear with the wooden weapons is killer. The wood comes off as very convincing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11