Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: comp crit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 4hFH7.jpg]

hello everybody,

taking a break from the crabby dude (also in the crit section) and working on something else. I wanted to make the tower-like thing appear really big but somehow it doesnt work yet to me.

as it is still in the comp phase I can change everything, so I wanted to get some feedback from you guys. What could I do to push the idea further? is it a problem of shapes, values or both?

Cheers,
Flo
Did a quick paintover for ya...

To show scale you want to basically give visual cues to the viewer....in this case...added a path winding up the tower...some geographic features at the base...used atmospheric perspective to show distance of the tower height and added the always useful flock'0'birds technique to give scale and action. Also tweaked the perspective to be more upward looking though I think can be tweaked further. Also refined values in the image overall...lessened the amount of darks...pure black is rarely useful for anything but the deepest creases and detail. Hope that helps!

[Image: CrimsonDaggers_tower.jpg]
hey monkeybread,

thanks a lot for the overpaint, that was really helpful.
you used the values really good imo, seems really big.

Cheers,
Flo
Hey Flo, glad you found it useful :)