Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Simons stuffbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!

I was told to make a thread here, I don't really sketch or study photos much, so there will be mostly finished stuff here.
I'm always grateful to anyone who feels like pointing out flaws or bad decisions in my paintings :-)

Newest stuff, corpse eating and death-beetle worshipping elves, a few more of these on their way!

[Image: Corpseeaterelfguardian2.jpg]

[Image: Corpseeaterelfworker.jpg]
Awesome work man! Post some of your old work that you like as well, so people can see where you're comin from. I'll definitely be watching for updates.

gen5

hey, i agree with dennis. browsed your deviantart account, awesome stuff there too!
Right, here's a chart of a random selection of paintings Ive done over the two years ive been painting, in chronological order! Not the highlights for sure, but at least it's an honest representation haha.
I started doing it a few hours a week and worked myself up to the full days I'm doing now :-)

[Image: Randomprogression.jpg]

And here is the longest consistent studies Ive ever done, did one every day for a month or so, some with less enthusiasm than others which shows haha.

[Image: Kiraaaa.jpg]
AWeeeeeesssooomeee! That priest girl is so good, should post a bigger version of her, and damn, all those star trek studies :O
Pretty big Star Trek fan here tbh, I even tried to learn to speak klingon at one point haha.
Anyways, here's what I'm working on now, I tihnk it's not far from finished, but it's lacking.. something, I don't know, if anyone has any ideas or even better, sees anything that needs fixing I'd be super happy!

[Image: corpseeaterelfpriestess.jpg]
Woah, nice pieces! I'm off to check out your DA!
Woa, last one comin out sweet.

Can't really spot anything as being off, maybe the perspective on the arch-way? Not sure, but that's really something barely noticeable.

As for ideas, maybe you can have some of her companions at the back, comin through that arch-way with torches or something? Maybe there could be a light/lamp type thing inside the pillar with spikes? Hmm...

Andromonoid

I got intrigued when I saw your avatar in a thread and looked up your sketchbook, I was greatly satisfied with what I found! You draw just the kind of stuff I like, creepy, cool and sexy things! Very impressive rendering too, you got a great grasp of light, form and color. In the last piece you made, you remind me a bit of Brad Rigney. An inspiration of yours? :)

What I can critique on though is that everything got an overall soft feel, not many hard brush strokes, that could break up the whole clean and evenness of your pieces. And everything is very cleean too, too clean in some cases. Textures like rock and cloth need some work. Some dirt on cloth and skin, scratches in armor and metal objects, that is things that would make everything come more to life.

Love what you are doing, keep it up! I can't wait for more death-beetle elves! :D
damnn so much awesome stuff in here!, really looking forward to seeing more work from you.

deerandfox

In reply to the last piece man, i agree with Andromonoid, it can be too clean and planned, get a bit messier with some things and make it feel alive.
All in all though, really good stuff on here man, keen to see some more!