Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Damians Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

deerandfox

Here it is done, not much changed except for the rock and his arm was cleaned up but still left pretty loose, i just wasn't sure what else i could do to it to make it better, but my tutor seemed to dig it so whatever!
nice composition

deerandfox

Aaaand this guy from yesterday is done too! Oh and thanks mate

deerandfox

All good points man, i'll get to them! oh and the birds aren't afraid because hes a friend not a foe, he just looks menacing haha thanks dude!

Fixed a few things, even just reducing the foreground figure was a massive change in the ents scale, and introducing a bit more atmosphere around the back of his head and far arm.

deerandfox

Holy balls, Water is quite a challenge! I've done rock and tree bark and now im on water and i feel like its just not working how i want it to, any suggestions?
No clue with the water thing. But your other stuff's coming out amazingly man. Love how the astronaut came out. Great piece :).

deerandfox

Cheers man, yeah i've been getting as many references of water as i can but to no avail! Oh well i'll get it soon, thanks again dude!

deerandfox

Trying my hand at a portrait entirely from memory, quite difficult. i've been doing this for the last 2 hours so i might do another study then move onto something else.

deerandfox

much happier with him now, decided i might do something more interesting as i tend to get bored with portraits, so i might do a 3/4 body shot with some wind and all that jazz.

deerandfox

aaaand another update
nice dude, I like the composition in the rock hand piece and the tree creature looks good keep it up!

deerandfox

Thanks mate! Here is this guy finished. As always any crits welcomed, keep in mind this was attempted purely from just doing studies of native americans and mayans and trying to combine the two using knowledge gained. No other reference used.

deerandfox

Quick sketch that i warmed up with today 15-20 mins?

deerandfox

and another one from today
Nice work man, really liked your landscape/enviro earlier in your sketchbook

deerandfox

Thanks man, yeah i'll be doing more soon, but i thought it best to try and get my characters up to at least a reasonable level as well lol

deerandfox

warm up, been looking at a lot of Pelengs sketches, beautiful stuff

deerandfox

Few things from the past week and a bit, the latest is the Plague Doctor, just trying to get the colours and right and decide if rendering out all of the legs will take away or enhance anything, as always crits are welcomed!

deerandfox

Justice
Your stuff's looking awesome lately man. The sci-fi guy's great. Dead moody.

Keep it coming. Love seeing your work :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10