Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Damians Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

deerandfox

About 45 mins so far, such an interesting face.

deerandfox

Sketch of something, and also something else.
Nice sketchbook man, digging the colors.

deerandfox

Made some progress, just a matter of cleaning up now, feels good, havent been able to get another one of these guys out since the woman sith, but i think i leveled up in the process and learnt a few things from the failures. Changed his jacket (robe?) and stance yesterday as well. Two more to go!

deerandfox

Got a good crit from a mate on facebook so i fixed his length.

deerandfox

Warrior sketch before bed hour and a half.
Looks sweet man, really like the skin on that warrior guy. Kinda translucent and gross lol. Nice work :)

deerandfox

Sketch from today, might need to do more studies of fish or something, hes getting there, but could pop a bit more.

deerandfox

My version of Satan, still a sketch, going to work on the horns and perhaps make them translucent and veiny. Trying to keep the light somewhat natural, needs more mood though. hmm

deerandfox

got pissed off and changed heaps of stuff. im leaving it and starting again.

deerandfox

Satan take two, this one feels better already, adding smaller horns, and some moody atmosphere tomorrow. Had a brain fart this weekend, but i pushed through and did some colour studies and reminded myself what makes things look good.

deerandfox

God im terrible with my mind changes. Spent about 3 hours on the one i posted last night, then looked at it and realised it was totally lame. So i did this instead. About 1 hour so far.

deerandfox

Coming home.

update on the girl

deerandfox

Any crits before i put the actual final details in? This will be a portfolio piece so id like it as good as it can be.

deerandfox

60 sec gesture drawings
Nice Sketches keep up the good work

deerandfox

Was a study that i eventually turned into something else. Will be working on the hand, and cleaning up the demon in the bg later on.
Oh man, this sketchbook is looking pretty amazing! Like the way you paint and your color choice very much.
On the 60 second pose I think you might be wasting too much time with so many little strokes. Try to be more confident and do longer lines.

Keep it up!

deerandfox

Thanks mate, your right about the strokes, its something i've always done. I'll concentrate on it in future, thanks for the kind words!

deerandfox

Sketch today, watched fengs video and liked the monster so did my own. Bit uninspired today. Gonna try for another idea

Oh and a comp sketch from today, dude, helicopter, island

oh god sorry about how big that is as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10