Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Carl Springer's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey Daggers, Loving the new Forum,

my name is Carl Springer i am 17 Years Old From London England, looking to improve myself as an artist and as a person, feel free to spam my sketchbook with Crits
here is a still life painting i did yesterday roughly two hours or more, i love doing still life

levigilbert

Nice studies, especially the first one of that tea pot. One suggestion would be to play more with hard and soft edges. Some of the faces are getting that muddy photoshop look.

Looking forward to seeing some personal work!
yeah i have to agree i need to render the forms further, because i like impressionism im trying to recreate that style in my work but i think ill study more of it then guess,

as for personal work TOTALLY AGREE!

Diarum

Good stuff Carl, keep it up!
thanks Diarum, i will try to get more personal work in this sketchbook and update study early next week

JasonR

Studies are looking good, the only suggestion I'd make is try to have some more sharp edges to contrast with all of the blurred out ones.
here is just a dump of recent studies, master studies, portraits of friends and two personal pieces

[Image: monsterhunterbeforekill.jpg]

[Image: bladofdeception4ca.jpg]

[Image: sargentmasterstudyunfin.jpg]

[Image: frankduveneckblackmaste.jpg]
[Image: daenerystargaryenstudyf.jpg][Image: luigifinished4ca.jpg]
[Image: jaimesmithfinished.jpg]
[Image: arrmourstudyfinal900.jpg]
[Image: perspectivestudy4.jpg]
[Image: perspectivestudy3.jpg]
[Image: perspectivestudy2.jpg]
[Image: perspectivestudy1.jpg]
[Image: mappingfiguresinperspec.jpg]
[Image: findingproportionsatany.jpg]
[Image: figuresonhorizon.jpg]
[Image: eyelevelstudy3.jpg]
[Image: eyelevelstudy2copy.jpg]
[Image: eyelevelstudy1copy.jpg]
[Image: atmosphericperspectives.jpg]
practising my line work in PS, really want to get better with sketching in PS, inspired alot by Aly as you know :P
havent been on this sketchbook for sometime

so here is just a dump of work, not for Golden Boys

from last couple of weeks

[attachment=5793]
[attachment=5791]
[attachment=5792]
[attachment=5790]
[attachment=5788]
[attachment=5787]
[attachment=5786]
[attachment=5789]
[attachment=5794]
[attachment=5795]
clothing master study from yesterday, super struggling today with everything
[attachment=5856]
[attachment=6274]just a latex study, go other work to show but there traditional will upload another time
Nice studies Carl, keep it up ^^
thanks alot

update of a master study done on my stream
[attachment=6394]
I know people have said this a couple of times, but keep going man, I can see improvement happening, which is awesome to see, and I look foreword to seeing more from you man.
Leveling Up Carl!
thanks alot guys, i really need to start cramming up my personal pieces, and working with deadlines, next year im hoping to start atleast getting a little Freelance work, just for practise
well everyone was taking a drawing they did years ago and revamping it up

here is mine

Serpent Genie become Serpent Queen

[attachment=6623]
great stuff man!
thanks alot
Pages: 1 2