Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: I would love some help xD - illustration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a feeling i've looked at it too long for me to be able to see whats wrong, any help at all would be nice.

[Image: -CSbyImSkeptical.jpg]
(09-17-2012, 02:25 AM)ImSkeptical Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling i've looked at it too long for me to be able to see whats wrong, any help at all would be nice.

[Image: -CSbyImSkeptical.jpg]

Hey there did a draw over!

[Image: ver1.jpg]
[Image: ver2.jpg]

So, a couple things id do here is make sure your using the rule of thirds. First thing my eye saw was her giant for shortened boot :P I did have trouble fitting the guy in , having him right next to a foreshortened object has alot of weight and importance to the eye because our eyes are trained to find figures first. All i did though was play with scale and size. I would take him out entirely or find away to integrate him into the composition. I'm sure you have a specific scale in mind base on what this is from or the story. Another thing is where the archer is looking that makes a huge difference . If you look at old renaissance art a lot of the time they use figures looking in one specific direction to draw your eye.

The arrows are flamed yes , but red or warm colors draw our eyes like spice, as red on a primitive level means blood . My hard care opinion would be focus on the narritive and forge the bars as they are a very clear shape but that's my two cents.

What I really liked was the way the archer was faced and the fact my eye followed the arrows being shot at him.

Alright! its up to you, but that's what I saw and my feed back! Good luck !
Thanks for giving it a look over and trying to fix it xD. But yeah you're right i kinda need the scale of the figures to be all of them relatively the same height. I do think you're right about maybe the figure at the bottom drawing too much attention, i kinda wanted him to be obvious, but i think i overdid it.

Thanks heaps for your help!
No Prob! Gl with your trouble shootin I'd like to see more!
Hey man, beautiful painting.
What doesnt work for me is how the lower and upper body are connected and strong hip torsion and how her supporting knee is pulled towards the body, over exaggerated perhaps?

So I ignored the pull that would left shoulder do to the hip in hopes for easier drawing:P

[Image: 8NEB9.jpg]