Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Drew much today? (lol)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Folks,
I'm new here and as I was advised I am starting ma sketchbook!

Here are two of my latest sketches, I'll do my best to upload on a daily basis! Cheers!

An apple a day?
[Image: 564633_10151225246752284_621947277_n.jpg]

Some iron for your stress?
[Image: IMAG0001.JPG]

Some night during the day?
[Image: IMAG0002.JPG]

[Image: who+is+this.jpg]

Thanks for looking guys and feel free to comment/critique, bear in mind though these is roughs and lately I'm in love with ball point pen...learning to commit to ma lines yo!
Hey Drew! Nice start to your sketchbook, let's get some studies going! :D
Thanks Laura!

You're right, I need to do more studies, I have some which I need to scan. I'll try to have them up by end of this weekend at latest. :D

(09-23-2012, 03:43 AM)Laura_H Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Drew! Nice start to your sketchbook, let's get some studies going! :D
sucks but w/e

[Image: doodle06.jpg]

some decent ones...kind of...

(High res version are on my blog post...CLICK HERE!)

[Image: IMAG0003.JPG]

[Image: IMAG0004.JPG]

[Image: IMAG0005.JPG]

[Image: IMAG0006.JPG]

[Image: IMAG0007.JPG]

[Image: IMAG0008.JPG]

thanks for looking

Glasya

woah, i thought the fig/apple thing was a real picture ! :O
Thanks!

I have to upload the larger version of it, I had done that for an assignment but it took me about 2 or 3 tries before I really got some grasp of what I was doing. lol :D

(09-25-2012, 03:41 AM)Glasya Wrote: [ -> ]woah, i thought the fig/apple thing was a real picture ! :O
Hey Drew welcome to the forums man, some good stuff in here so far. Keep it up :)
Thank you sir!
I am doing my best to keep consistent.

I have realized that I need references...otherwise its climbing a cliff w/o any gear...naked and all, too cold and scary.o_0 Argh!

I'm trying to figure out the most effective approach, I'd like suggestions as well if y'all have any for someone wanting to speed up his improvement and is still a beginner. 098eb4a5

Cheers!

(09-25-2012, 12:57 PM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Drew welcome to the forums man, some good stuff in here so far. Keep it up :)
[Image: cs6+test+yippie.jpg]

Very loose/rough observation drawings as a test, love photoshop, cant believe how much I missed it.

Seth Lange

Looks like youre slowly getting more confident with your brushwork as the lines are becoming more fluidlike and less chicken scratches. Keep up the work man
If you want to improve, do studies and draw from life !
Your apple study came out pretty good.
Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying the feedback. I've decided to do at least 3 studies/week.

Hopefully that will speed up some processes in ma brain.-.-

(09-26-2012, 02:46 AM)Fincks Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to improve, do studies and draw from life !
Your apple study came out pretty good.
Nice man, keep drawing and updating frequently. Improvement can be tough, dedicate yourself, and study (Don't just do studies though, keep up with imaginative stuff etc. as well).

drewmuch Wrote:I'm trying to figure out the most effective approach, I'd like suggestions as well if y'all have any for someone wanting to speed up his improvement and is still a beginner.

I suggest looking at all the work you've done in the past month or two, and look for things you want to improve with. For me it is anatomy, so I wrote down to draw X amount of torso's and paint X amount as well. Also drawing from life is a great way to learn and understand form.

As you continue uploading your work, other's will be able to point things out as well.
So rough yet pleasing, I like how this turned out. Applied rules of thirds, made it look MUCH better!(composition wise at least...lol...)

[Image: bad+doodle.jpg]

Thanks for dropping by!
Hey guys,
small 30 min sketch, no ref used, I was happy how it turned out but I had to rip it and redo the basic structure half way through...man...basics are so damn important its a pain... -.-

[Image: 92613.jpg]

Full res at my blog. x]

Well, enjoy!

Comments?Critiques? I welcome them...just be polite :P
DeHel is dis? o.0

[Image: bleh1.jpg]
Crappy attempt w/o a ref and very late at night...mostly due to lack of knowledge of car design principals.

[Image: bleh.jpg]
Redesigned with a ref, looks more like the ref than my own design, need to learn to filter better.

[Image: immediate+application1.jpg]
A very rough exploration of what I learned from using a ref on the upper picture, I was aiming for more of a cartoony look since I tend to avoid those, trying to get the right brain more active.

[Image: still_studies_by_studio_echelon-d5gj7r8.jpg]
And lastly trying to do a study of a still frame from FRINGE (awesome show!) and trying to explore composition, as you can see mine is way off...my divisions of thirds are a bit off in the frame. The red arrows were me seeing how my attention was flowing through the shot.

ATTN: I realized that the largest character was in the intersection, then the second largest was close enough to catch my eye, THEN the barbed wire actually leads me straight to the two last characters on the left...amazing, just realized this and had to edit my post!

UPDATE!
Small doodle!

[Image: doodle_o_rama_by_studio_echelon-d5gkszc.jpg]

ENJOY!
Some terrible humor:

[Image: le+french2.jpg]

Some faces/and a weirdo...o.0

[Image: human+or+alien.jpg]

Enjoy!
Here's some more stuff folks,
I'm finding myself having WAY too much understanding and my skill is just NOT catching up to it. X_x Hopefully I practice more and my understanding/skill intersect. x]

[Image: thumbs+for+tg+kp1.jpg]

[Image: thumbs+for+tg+kp2.jpg]

Enjoy!
Some more updates!

[Image: IMAG0006.JPG]

[Image: thumbs+for+tg+kp2.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0003.JPG]

[Image: IMAG0005.JPG]

Enjoy!
Your updating regularly that's good man, Definitely seeing improvement. Really like that face to the left in the second image. keep it up :)
Pages: 1 2