Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Corpsekillir's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Corpsekillir

So I was suggested by a member to have a sketchbook setup so here I go. Ill post all of my works and images I have done here and Ill keep my NSFW stuff out unless someone says its ok. I hope its helpful for me. Oh any digital work is done with a mouse sense I cant afford a tablet. Let me know if Im doing this wrong, thanks.

[Image: Uh0Eel.jpg]
[Image: ibMfzl.jpg]
[Image: aOBB4l.jpg]
[Image: ECeJhl.jpg]
[Image: 3fwxbl.jpg]
[Image: M51mxl.jpg]
[Image: zL6Bll.jpg]
[Image: svCg9l.jpg]
[Image: SqhZgl.jpg]
[Image: RyVRal.jpg]
[Image: aIygVl.jpg]
If you want to improve, do studies of anatomy.
You need to learn how the body is made if you want to draw it.
You can see example of anatomy study in other sketchbook.

Corpsekillir

[Image: oz9RRl.jpg?1]

Heres my commission I did, it took about 7 hours to do and all with my mouse. Let me know how it turned out

Corpsekillir

[Image: g7E05l.jpg]

here is a concept I did for myself persona, I think its better than usual since I use a mouse but it looks nice. Hopefully Ill get a tablet soon and make it even better after I get into painting
Hey it is cool you started a sb :), I would say you should definitely try and get some Loomis books ( Figure Drawing for all it's worth and Heads & Hands ), if you have not got them already http://alexhays.com/loomis/, because your proportions are quite off on a lot of your work, and so is the anatomy. Even if it is stylized, it is good to get a solid foundation made up of the fundamentals. Also, I really encourage you to watch http://www.youtube.com/user/ProkoTV 's videos, he explains all the things you would learn from the Loomis books but in a much more entertaining way. I will not talk about lighting and the other things in your work, because I barely get those at the moment (not saying I really get proportions and anatomy lol), but keep on posting :D

Corpsekillir

The best image Ive done and quite proud, I didnt worry about shading to much but points towards I can do better in anatomy and shading would be great

[Image: qzZuVl.jpg]

Corpsekillir

[Image: tumblr_meul62VCOP1rwdl7ro1_1280.jpg]

So here is some stuff I drew off of reference and I would like to learn some anatomy, but I decided to do some stuff from pictures doing figure drawing. If anybody can let me know how I did that would be great, and yes these girls have some muscles on them. I hope I did ok at least.

deerandfox

hey mate, good to see your doing some studies, your getting the right idea, but i would focus on restarting your process and using the loomis books to learn how to construct a figure. He will explain it better than anybody else, even just go onto google and look him up. Keep going dude!

Corpsekillir

(12-11-2012, 02:39 PM)deerandfox Wrote: [ -> ]hey mate, good to see your doing some studies, your getting the right idea, but i would focus on restarting your process and using the loomis books to learn how to construct a figure. He will explain it better than anybody else, even just go onto google and look him up. Keep going dude!

Ok so I have all the books of Loomis in my possesion, which one do you recommend I start and how I should approach it. Like read and draw, just read. I like a personal opinion so I can get off on teh right foot and not the left.
Both read and draw along side the books. 'Figure Drawing for All It's Worth' is the go-to.