Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Gabriela's skecthbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Gabriela Birchal

Hey, I'm finally starting a sketchbook here. I'll to keep up posting new stuff on here.

I'll start with some heads I drew while studying Andrew Loomis last night.

[attachment=6541]
[attachment=6542]
[attachment=6543]
[attachment=6544]

Gabriela Birchal

Some new sketches today. Sorry it's not much but I'm trying to pick up the pace =)

[attachment=6708]

Also my first attempt at making a super reflexive sphere:
[attachment=6709]

Gabriela Birchal

Gabriela Birchal

A study I did based on an illustration by Akihiko Yoshida for Tactics Ogre

[attachment=7274]

Gabriela Birchal

[attachment=8357]

More study, now based on Saejima Illustration

Also here's some steps from a comission I took, I'm still strugling with drawing the poses correctly. Criticism and hints are greatly appreciated =)

[attachment=8359]
[attachment=8358]

Making some more progress:
[attachment=8643]
[attachment=8642]

Gabriela Birchal

More progress:
[attachment=8662]

Gabriela Birchal

[attachment=8726]

Done =)

Gabriela Birchal

Portrait study from photo reference:
[attachment=8831]

Gabriela Birchal

Thumb study from movie Hero
[attachment=8839]
I feel like your characters look kinda flat in some places. maybe try to work more from dark to light, that is something that really helped me develope a sense of volume in my figures.
rendering that way feels like sculpting to me, because you litarally shape your figure adding the lighter values.

Gabriela Birchal

(11-13-2012, 05:33 AM)Raman Djafari Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like your characters look kinda flat in some places. maybe try to work more from dark to light, that is something that really helped me develope a sense of volume in my figures.
rendering that way feels like sculpting to me, because you litarally shape your figure adding the lighter values.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Yeah I guess I have to worry more about the volumes before jumping into colors. Thanks again!

Gabriela Birchal

More comission development. This time it's a portrait of a Vampire. I'm using John Singer Sargent work as a ref to give a painterly look.

[attachment=9823]
[attachment=9824]

Gabriela Birchal

Gabriela Birchal

Started coloring the piece:
[attachment=9972]

Edit: Final version has some minor changes

[attachment=9972]