Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Mannequin's sketchbook,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello !

I already created my deathgoals.
I want to progress in digital skills. Untill now I was more into traditional media or vector things. I want to practice some photoshop skills.
- I need to train using color. Right now I'm into greyscale.
- I feel safe using reference pictures. I want to learn how to use them, but still have my own original piece.
I'm also practicing my art skills in traditional media. But I haven't scanned anything yet. But I hope I can do that later :)
I want from You all guys, true opinions that help me develop.

So for now, some digital arts. Please feel free to comment. Thanks!
With ref used:
[Image: magick.jpg]
[Image: downtownabbeysmall.jpg]
[Image: rycerz3small.jpg]
[Image: czarownicar.jpg]

Without ref:
[Image: jedidoskonczenia2small.jpg]
[Image: blueboysmall.jpg]
[Image: bluekc.jpg]

Camron

looking sweet , i want more >:)
Great stuff! keep up the great work.
Great start Mannequin and welcome to the forums!
Welcome to HEEEELLLLLL.. just playing lol... But lovely start.. The textures in your work is outstanding.. keep it up
welcome to crimson daggers. jelous of the painterly brush work
Great stuff Mannequin welcome to the forums
Yay! What a kind greeting from everyone! *blush* Nice to join this community :)

But now I'm waiting for some eye-opening advices :D A little kick in my butt won't do a harm ;)
hey your work is rock solid, welcome to the forums, now it is time to achieve mastery :)
Nice studies. I think it would be good for you to firstly focus on grayscale since the switch to digital. Also as a remainder, a great advantage of digital is that you can mirror your images - it makes it way easier to notice mistakes - so if you're not used to it, I believe it would be good to make it a habit.

Keep up the good work :)
Welcome, nice works!

As Piotr said-hotkey your 'flip canvas horizontal' in photoshop, its a must. Also, try to concentrate when placing the features (of the face, or of the body) ESPECIALLY vertically. Don't neglect the drawing/placement phase and remember that you can go back and forth easily when working digitally.
You've got what it takes, looking forward to see what will happen.
Hey,

Thank for some helpful replies :) I've seen people doing that but really wasn't practicing this on my own. I need to focus on this basic level, yup.

And Piotr. Yea, greyscale is much easier when painting digitally, but I'm used to greyscale all my life using pencil ;) So that's why I tried color :D I really want to understand color more
UPDATE 10.11.2012

I've been studying mainly characters. Tried color a little.
This month also I decided I'll try movies screenshot to learn composition, lighning, color schemes and overall how to make a scene.
I've done things by traditional media also but for now I don't have possibility to upload it.

[Image: rycerzsiedzi5.jpg]
[Image: facet2n.jpg]
[Image: facetz.jpg]
[Image: druid2.jpg]
[Image: szkic2lt.jpg]
[Image: glowa5112012.jpg]
[Image: szkiceb.jpg]
[Image: princeofpersiasr.jpg]
[Image: screenshot6112012.jpg]
[Image: unicorn2b.jpg]
Really nice painterly brushstrokes you have going on, looking forward to seeing more and you develop here :). Keep pushing yourself out of your comfort zone.
Seconding what jon said, you got a really nice painted feel. I look forward to seeing more!
JonHop - Agreed. Beware of the comfort zone is a must! :) So probably more movie screenshots for me ;)

atrenr - I will post soon more studies. Right now I'm practicing workshops from ImagineFX.
I feel like when I copy thing I learn a lot of stuff
amazing characters and studies you got here. your sense of anatomy and clothimg is really really great.

really motivated me to work more in that area! keep up the good work!

Jkutz

love it! you do a great job of utilizing your "brush strokes" to get 'big ideas' across. You as well as i, need to get off the figure and do more structural stuff (unless you're just sitting on a pile of awesome structural work)
Ooh nice forms and brushwork! I can't wait to see your progress in traditional media.
I just wanted to upload something of my traditional sketches. A prove that I'm working but not everytime digitally.
[Image: sketchbook26112012.jpg]
Basically I focused on characters, tried some lightining, shadows, and explored new painting techinques.
[Image: kobietakot.jpg]
[Image: twarzs.jpg]
[Image: laskaprofil.jpg]
[Image: malythief.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5