Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Bjulvar's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Second statue :D

[attachment=27491]
WiPs and stuff. I've been changing a lot in that mage piece, I'm more happy with where it's going now.

[attachment=27695]
[attachment=27692]
[attachment=27694]
[attachment=27693]
I guess it helps to know what exactly the surface is reflecting. I realized it late in! Oh well, the more you know! :D
Warmup portrait sketcharoonie
[attachment=27740]
[attachment=27739]
Damnit! I've grown to dislike what I'm doing for the summer pitch already, not sure on if I want to continue with the painting or just drop it. So I'm taking a short break from it.

I have been working on a still life for a couple of days, so here's a WiP shot.
[attachment=27978]

Did a quick study this morning
[attachment=27976]

Also thought about participating in this weeks EoW over at Conceptart. Thumbs and sketches
[attachment=27974]
[attachment=27975]

And lastly a sketch
[attachment=27977]

Worthy notes:
I killed a mosquito today
I joined tumblr, we can totally be friends there. I have no idea how it works.
http://patrikantonescu.tumblr.com/
Thanks for commenting on my page, man. You have a lot of great ideas and are quite prolific with your posts as well. Seeing someone post constantly always pushes me to get off my ass and post even more. For your still life, the colors and lighting are looking very interesting; you've paid attention to composition for it, which is important. I would say that as of now the solidity of the objects feels a bit weird, and that's because man-made objects (like a spoon or a candle holder? not sure what that is) need to be painted with solid strokes and even construction, or they take on a warped, wobbly appearance. More organic objects, like rocks, can be more loosely constructed before painting. Just some ideas, hope they help. Keep up the ass kicking.
Not a problem man. Thanks, I really appreciate those words! I know that feeling all to well, great to be a motiviational source :D
Yeah I got this really cool stone lamp, the colors look way more vivid in real life. Good practice to render out something so unusual as a glowing rock.
Haven't thought about that. Always had trouble with solid/hard surfaces versus softer ones. So thanks for pointing that out. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was looking weird either! Thanks for the useful tip mate, will definitely pay attention to it. You too man!

Did a third statue study today, I might have a fetish going on.
[attachment=28019]
Finished the Still Life. Atleast I had to call it finished. Don't know if I quite followed through on the critique with the surface of the objects. That scoop didn't want to be my friend throughout the painting. But I had a lot of fun with the reflections and the rock. I'll have to do a few more of these to make the knowledge stick to my brain.

This was done for Suzanne Helmigh's challenge over at the book of faces. Always appreciate assignments like these.

[attachment=28099]
Thought it would be fun to do a statue of my own

[attachment=28162]
dayum. hard at work!

keep going man. improvement showing!
that ice mage piece is great! are you still working on it? if so, i want to see more!

Also, good work with those still lifes i like how you managed values and color temperature in the last still life. Keep going!
Good progress man :) Digging the statue studies and the still lifes!
Aragah Thanks a lot man! Too late to stop damnit!

EduardoGaray I've taken a break from it. I was getting way too frustrated haha. But I'm thinking about overhauling it, changing the composition or something.

Thanks! I learned loads from the latest one! Really recommend doing them :D

anzhou Thanks mate!

I'm still having a hard time doing lineart digitally. So i'm trying to get better at it with gestures. These are around 60 seconds each. I'm focusing more on the movement.

[attachment=28315]
[attachment=28314]

And a fast 1 hour moviestudy from today.
[attachment=28313]
I tried applying the moviestudy a couple of hours later. Apparently I made it a lot less saturated and couldn't remember the forms very well. Not sure if it was very effective to do it later rather than right after

[attachment=28360]

And update on a fake cover
[attachment=28361][

Aand a sketch of my superold warcraft character, just because!
[attachment=28362]
Made another fake statue for fun
[attachment=28479]
Update on the ancient city, removed the lava gorge in the middle and replaced it with a forest to get a more focused composition.

[attachment=28489]

And a modelstudy from today

[attachment=28488]
Hey man nice updates! For the ancient city, it might help to set up some quick perspective lines to get some odds and ends straightened up as that's a pretty tricky 2 point shot. Keep up the hard work!
Thanks man! I just noticed that my old perspective grid was all wrong, kind of embarrassing :D

Finished up the fake book cover! Here's a sexy mockup with my incredible layout skills.

[attachment=28596]
[attachment=28597]
Small studies to start the day

[attachment=28604]
awesome work man! :D love that book cover hehe
damn. right on.
not any specific crit right now. you are doing the studies and the imagination stuff :)

so i guess props :)
specially for that last model study
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31