Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: A vagabond's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
been pretty down in the dumps these past couple of months.Sorta struggling to do studies since I have no motivation whatsoever, but Im trying to pick up the pace again.
-Some sketches,still experimenting with that Anthony Jones/James Zapata sketch technique.

-Also I've been undertaking a huge master study of one of my favourite old masters Luis Falero for quite some time,but it's still a wip.
Quote:Sorta struggling to do studies since I have no motivation whatsoever, but Im trying to pick up the pace again.

:( Hope things get better and you don't burn out too much.

Sketches are cool, I like the sideview armored elf really nice
Appreciate the sentiment Tom!

probably my longest study to date.about 5-6 hrs maybe ? I don't really track it but it's quite some time for me.
Exploring a bit of Zhong Feng Hua's sketching technique.
So much to learn !
Hey bro cool to see ya getting back into it! Looking forward to seeing more.
Messed abit more with those doodles after some helpful input.
Need to group value masses more and not overstate or muddle in halftones.
I feel your characters come off as stronger than the long study. The long study has soft brush written all over it and it makes some parts too muddy and flat, like the navel and the dark line above it. I find the soft brush to be quite hard to get right because it softens everything too much and gives it an artificial look. Try mixing it up with a harder one
Appreciate the input,Tom I'll keep it in mind for next time.

some Cyborg Samurai concepts that I expanded on from the spitpainting topic
dumping some sketchhes and whatnot.At this point In my art pursuit Im mostly concerned about composition and creating an interesting shot and value separation and clear story dictation in tersm of lighting and how to use it to your advantage , rather than polishing and all other aspects ,wich considerably slows me down in other aspects and it turns me off of renderring stuff when I know the composition is not as good.
some more photo studies and 2 portret studies.Im struggling alot with edge control
Portret for the day.Have some issues with proportions and overall construction and edges.
study for today.Taking a break from portrets...kinda

Also a spitpaint for the group.
some more study dump

need something to read up on composition
a quick fun inbetween studies and yet another study.
Overall Reilly method isn't working too well for me since construction still is off and I have to liquify the fuck out of things.
Also a piece I started working on the other day.
master study.Edge control and stroke economy is ridiculous.
Thanks for the sketchbook visit man. Great looking studies in here, especially like how you paint hair.
couple of studies, a still life of my cat,about 20 mins before it ran away.And random sketch exploring.Shoutout to Thomas Mahon.If you haven't heard of the dude,look him up.Amazing artist.
moe sketches moe studies moe problems.
some figure drawing studies and a little fun
taking a break from studies and just randoming some color stuff
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13