Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Sketches, Studies and WIP's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there fellow Daggers,

My name's Dave and I'm from England. Im not currently working in the industry yet but I'm working my *** off to improve my skills to land that first job and get my career underway.

[Image: 269871_10150283959656264_717681263_91590...0432_n.jpg]

[Image: 251359_10150283971076264_717681263_91590...5030_n.jpg]

[Image: head1.jpg]

[Image: head2.jpg]

[Image: alienhead1.jpg]

[Image: knee_study_1.jpg]

[Image: footstudy2.jpg]

[Image: wastelands1.jpg]

[Image: pigsnoutraiderfinal.jpg]
Very nice start, I really like the first portrait.
Cheers for that Ste much appreciated :)
I agree with Ste, the portraits are lookin good dude, keep it up! I would recommend you keep working those value with still life studys. If you get bored with that you could try taking photos you find interesting with good lighting and greyscaling them and study them.

Good luck bro, keep strong! ;)
Cheers for the advice Warburton, i think you're difinately right about working the values further. Got to keep studying, studying, studying :)

Jamesybear

Good start FlyByKnight! Keep puuushin the skillzz :D
you got some very nice stuff there man! One thing I suggest is that you alternate between the soft round and the hard round brush, so you can have a better edge control there, you work is overall too soft its just missing the hard edges to make it even more realistic! waiting to see more of your work ^^ keep it up!
@ Jamesybear and Victor, thanks for the comments, ive a load of studies and bits and pieces ive been working on so ill be uploading shortly. @ Victor, what you're saying is right and ive been working to get those hard edges into my pieces. :)
nice work here man! keep working with your rendering. its kinda muddy. Like Victor said, alternate between soft and hard brushes. Right now everything seems too soft and hazy. Keep it up! You got a great start to your sketchbook.
[Image: WastelandsCharacterConcept02_zpscf199fe7.jpg]

I haven't posted for some time now so i thought I'd upload this to get the ball rolling again. This is my first consolidated concept idea for a post-apocalyptic project i am working on currently entitled Wastelands. This piece has definitely been fun and a big learning curve. I can definitely see where things need tightening and improving but for now I'm calling this concept finished as I need to move onto other work for the project.

Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave comments. :)

Cheers!
[Image: newbutcher13_zps68f5a170.jpg]

Work in progress of a character concept for my Wastelands project. Still plenty left to do to get it finished. Please feel free to leave comments and ideas!

Cheers for taking the time to have a look.
[Image: newbutcher17_zps1ef23a87.jpg]

My 2nd character concept for my ongoing Wastelands project. Going to call this one done for now as it's time to move onto other pieces. Please feel free to crit or leave comments i'd love to get some feedback on how this stuff is turning out.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look!