Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Sam's Sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I've been listening to all the Crimson Daggers stuff on youtube over and over and have finally decided to try and participate in the group.

Just going to dump some of my finished artworks to get things started.
Nice meeting you all!

[Image: YrlXi.png]

[Image: g9ZeX.jpg]

[Image: uYyS6.jpg]
Hey I like this finished stuff! the first one is really cool. looking forward to seeing more soon.
Some newer character designs

[Image: CZE4V.png]

[Image: qTAK8.png]

[Image: 11BYi.png]

Latest one above, I'm thinking to design a small line-up of characters that the one above is a part of. Just working on the second character in the set now.

(11-21-2012, 06:21 PM)Jonesoda Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I like this finished stuff! the first one is really cool. looking forward to seeing more soon.

Thanks Jonesoda!
You have some really nice finished illustrations, I especially like what you did with the blue monster one, like a door between two worlds, very nice. Keep posting :).
cool stuff already man, keep 'em coming!
nice stuff sam
Thanks guys! :)

I really suck at keeping these things updated, I'll try to do it more often. Attached are some of my latest artwork~

[attachment=18609]

[attachment=18610]
Amazing works you have here. I really like the purple lady with staff. And the third painting is really cute. Keep up with great work :D
There's something really nice about the finished quality of your work, keep it up!

SpectreX

Cool sketchbook!
You have a fun style to look at :)
Bloodsports 15: Guild of Golems

Entering the bloodsports for the first time, so far it's inspired me to really sketch and explore more :)

Going for a coral sorceress and her coral/seashell golem for the challenge. Hopefully something powerful but somewhat gentle/beautiful at the same time, as opposed to the gritty pirates from the 2nd pirates of the carribean (which I'll be referencing too).

Will keep updating as I go along!

[attachment=19932]
[attachment=19931]
[attachment=19930]
[attachment=19929]
The second part to the Guild of Golems challenge art.
Thought I had uploaded these but nope! ...forgot to ^^''

Sketches and studies for the challenges:

[attachment=24114]
[attachment=24119]
[attachment=24116]
[attachment=24117]
[attachment=24118]

Finished final (taken to finish after the judging). Totally lost a big big chunk of the design somewhere along the way and everything is so saturated now looking back at it.. would totally do it differently if I were to do this again, but this is what I did anyway! :)

[attachment=24121]
amazing work! I really like your choices of color. Also great work with using your reference!
Thanks yog joshi!

The few sketches and studies I did for the most recent challenge~
I chose the song title "Love Bites" for mine, and did this :p

Final submitted for the challenge (planning to come back to this in a bit and take it to finish!):

[attachment=24150]

Sketches and studies done:

[attachment=24151]

[attachment=24152]
Some sketches for the current 2D drawing jam over at CGHub :)
Theme is "disney princess"!

Thumbnail sketches:

[attachment=24166]

Color sketch:

[attachment=24167]