Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Droppin Thangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Fei Ou

Here's a two quick studies that I do before painting for warmups.

First is a speedie that turned into a 2 hour session and the second is a 45 mins speedie.

Fei Ou

Started this morning. I love drawing old people because they're pretty much a reservoir of life stories. I included the ref along with WIP thumbs.

Fei Ou

Speed comp 1 hour.

Fei Ou

Knight. Almost an hour.
Juicy values! I'm digging these, especially the knight and the 2 hour demon dude. Lookin' forward to mooooore.

Fei Ou

Thanks man! Most of my sketches and quick paints are gonna be in black and white because I'm still trying to master values first before diving deeper into color studies. Glad you like what you see! Here's another for the day! 1h 20mish.
Some very cool designs and sketches! Can't wait to see your finished/color stuff :D.

Fei Ou

(11-26-2012, 02:50 PM)ImSkeptical Wrote: [ -> ]Some very cool designs and sketches! Can't wait to see your finished/color stuff :D.

That's the bad habit I'm trying to fix right now haha. I've been doing so much quick stuff that my attention has being wandering when I do my longer pieces to try to finish them.

Fei Ou

Just.... one.... more... before... bed....

Some recent sketches. I should really go to sleep.

Fei Ou

Old line works I did a year ago. Was looking through old stuff to try and rekindle 15+ hours of focus.

Fei Ou

Just whatever...
Some cool stuff going down, great lines and compositions. I'd suggest some studies of light and try to get to know it better, most of the pieces seem to lack a really good readable light source and very few if any cast shadows. Hope this helps

Fei Ou

(11-27-2012, 10:37 PM)kidult Wrote: [ -> ]Some cool stuff going down, great lines and compositions. I'd suggest some studies of light and try to get to know it better, most of the pieces seem to lack a really good readable light source and very few if any cast shadows. Hope this helps

Of course that helps, sir. I'll add that to the list. Thanks!

Fei Ou

Venting art block from school assignment... fuckin just paint something.

Fei Ou

Just keep painting....
You got some cool designs and nice value, but I think it's time you got out of the grayscale comfort zone and start throwing down some color!
If I'm mistaken and you already color, lets see it! o_^

Fei Ou

(11-30-2012, 12:05 AM)atrenr Wrote: [ -> ]You got some cool designs and nice value, but I think it's time you got out of the grayscale comfort zone and start throwing down some color!
If I'm mistaken and you already color, lets see it! o_^

Yea, I've been doing some studies and they look like I vomited onto the canvas hahaha. I'll be posting it later tonight after work. I want to work on the color palette a bit more to try my best to get the colors to match which was the point of that color study.

Fei Ou

I paused at a scene in Se7en to do this color study and for the life of me I can't find the exact moment to do a screenshot the reference again.... -_-... But it's around 57:50ish of the movie. Color just hasn't clicked yet in my head.
Nice stuff man, yeah colour's super tough. You seem to have values and the actual drawing down pretty well though, sure you'll pick it up soon enough. Keep it coming.

Really like that speed comp up top btw. With the huge guy smashing that guys head off. Haha, looks great.
Keep at it, I recommend(like everyone else) to pick up Color and Light by James Gurney. It'll teach you a lot about color.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6