Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
id like to participate in this mentor program as student but dont know how to start...

is this paid?

i choose my mentor or the mentor choose his students by looking to their work's?

ex: sickbrush starts his class in october, now i must wait until he ends this class and only then i can join to a new one or i can join any time just send my work and is all ok?

thanks for your time and sorry about my english.
Hey man, first of all welcome. We have a sticky thread right at the top of this section of the forum that lists all mentors as well as some rules and description of the program Link

The whole thing is completely free of charge and possible only because awesome people are willing to offer us their time and experience.

That being said the whole thing is pretty loose and the burden of doing the work is up to you, the mentors are really here more as a guide than someone who holds your hand all the way. Don't think of it as an on-line college course, but more as series lessons and assignments that will get you working and thinking about stuff you wouldn't have considered otherwise.

Follow the links in the thread I mentioned above and watch a few videos from each mentor, try to figure out what would benefit you the most or what you want to do, then start working on the assignments and post them in the class thread where other people will give you advice. You don't send the work to the mentor, only a few people who were already selected at the beginning of the class get to do that, but you can and should still follow along. The critiques they get will often be helpful for anyone starting out.

The most important thing is that you do work and think about what you are doing.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.
(12-05-2012, 02:33 AM)dracken Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, first of all welcome. We have a sticky thread right at the top of this section of the forum that lists all mentors as well as some rules and description of the program Link

The whole thing is completely free of charge and possible only because awesome people are willing to offer us their time and experience.

That being said the whole thing is pretty loose and the burden of doing the work is up to you, the mentors are really here more as a guide than someone who holds your hand all the way. Don't think of it as an on-line college course, but more as series lessons and assignments that will get you working and thinking about stuff you wouldn't have considered otherwise.

Follow the links in the thread I mentioned above and watch a few videos from each mentor, try to figure out what would benefit you the most or what you want to do, then start working on the assignments and post them in the class thread where other people will give you advice. You don't send the work to the mentor, only a few people who were already selected at the beginning of the class get to do that, but you can and should still follow along. The critiques they get will often be helpful for anyone starting out.

The most important thing is that you do work and think about what you are doing.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

thanks man, i should chek that link before ask anything but i just get crazy seeing this mentor program and dont see anything else! :)