Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Walent's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(01-07-2013, 08:46 AM)walent Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well, if they really turn out like that maybe I'll post some photos.

I'd love to see that !
A quick one for today, about 1,5 h

[attachment=11719]
MAN, nice textures! Maybe push the lighting a bit more and give contrast to the hard edges with soft ones?
Nice predator, cool textures.
(01-08-2013, 09:34 AM)bemota Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe push the lighting a bit more and give contrast to the hard edges with soft ones?
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Some studies from 2012:

[attachment=11753]

[attachment=11754]

[attachment=11755]

[attachment=11756]

[attachment=11757]

[attachment=11758]

[attachment=11759]

[attachment=11760]

[attachment=11761]
I had some commissions this week, so I had a little less time for personal stuff.
Here's what I managed to do:

[attachment=12060]

[attachment=12061]

[attachment=12062]

[attachment=12063]

[attachment=12064]

[attachment=12065]

[attachment=12066]
Nice work bro and thanks for stopping by. Its nice to hear that you're busy with your commission work. Keep it up!
WOWWW!!! I am so happy I clicked your sketchbook!! Your works are phenomenal! Really really impressive stuff. I envy your skill. Keep at it!!
keep going son! this stuff is great

Ioan Chirita

amazing work, Vlad !!!
foarte tare!
I haven't had time to post anything in a while, had a very busy week since they haven't paid me at office since December 1st and I have to do all sorts of commissions, but I'm still trying to get some relaxing studies or some quick enviros...
Yesterday I couldn't even afford a subway trip. I almost forgot how that feels, and it sucks!
I enjoyed every single post in this sketchbook. Great stuff, it's good you dropped those schools, don't ever stop doing art.

skalien87

Dude your works are totally awesome!! I love that your both environment and figure drawings have a very loose organic feel, even if there are man made structures. My only suggestion would be to work a little bit more in your focal points, so that the eye is fixed in a small part of the paintings, but that's just being nitpicky. Your works are awesome.
BTW, care to show a small process on you figure drawing, I actually have a lot of problems in that department and i love the way you render them.
Peace out.
Ahhh~ watching some of your works really pleases the eye. It's probably because ot technique that You have. Sharp edges, good brushes and color picking.
From latest characters I like most that guy with mask on, You painted him different that the other models.
I'm predicting fast improvement by watching Yours pieces :)
Fingers crossed for You. I have similar situation as You if it goes for studies. I have my industrial design studies, but currently I'm deciding if I will continue. Hope I can decide soon.
But for sure, Your decision I support in 100%.
Hey, thanks for all the great comments guys. Sure, I'll try posting some progress for my figure drawing if that helps.

Another quick break from all that exhausting work:
a concept that came through my mind as I was grabbing some snack, just like that, tornado prisons, imagine how cool it would be to actually control those nasty things
This is some interesting idea heh ! Looking good :)
man that last one is awesome! great work. :)
hey guys,

I haven't posted anything in a while, that's because I don't get enough time for personal stuff nowadays... my schedule got a lot more crowded, I wake up at 7 am
I started going to the gym, and, of course, I'm constantly trying to improve my painting skills.
Great environment
Maaaaan! Those figures you just uploaded right at the end are simply phenomenal. Kick ass as usual.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16