Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: need critique
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i dunno what to do with this...anything i should change?

Markdotea

I can't see it!

(12-29-2012, 07:08 AM)holdkocos Wrote: [ -> ]i dunno what to do with this...anything i should change?
Really cool idea, I like it so far. I see a couple anatomical problems though. The neck is to long and the back legs seem a bit to wide for a horse. They kinda look like they are spreading for a more balanced stance, but that isn't something horses do to my(limited) knowledge. Other than that it is looking pretty cool!
yup, anatomy is something that i thought i know...but i had to realize my knowledge is too futile...
i guess You're right in everything, though it's not fully a horse...but still if it bothers You, maybe it will bother others...:>
thanks for Your time! ^^
cool idea, from what I can tell, its a horse turning into a dragon? The main area that bothers me is that one wing is growing out of the chest and the other out of the shoulder, they should be like the right shoulder wing, because the one on the left doesn't look right and is breaking the believability of the piece.

You also have a very bright underglow of orange which you are not utilising to its full potential by bringing some of that colour onto the bottom parts of the creature you can improve the image by everything looking like its all in the same environment (for some reason I cant find the word im looking for to descibe that lol).

other than that the back leg on the left has a muscle on the top part that doesnt appear to need to be there, that one would be easy to paint out quickly.

Hope that helps, be sure to come and show us after you've worked on the piece as I would like to see it totally finished :).
dunno really what is this...earth elemental or wut...:>

thank You for the critique! it really helped!
at least to see the mistakes... XD here is the edited pic, hopefully it is better now...
Oooh nice image.

Mind if I drop a couple suggestions?

I really really like the tree trunk on the right side of the image!
Having said that, I think you have a little too much going on the areas that are not the central point of the image. You can tone down the texture on it a bit - like the dark shapes against the redish background on the lower part of the image. It is strong, but it is fighting for attention when it seems its not really important.

I'd go for the same level of detail you have on the right tree there for other parts of the image, and leave the dragon/unicorn as it is! It is really nice!

Very nice one :)
hehe, of course not, drop as much as You can!... :3
yeah, i guess i enjoyed doing the background too much that it is more detailed that the main creature XD...
i will fix the "bugs" You mentioned if i had the mood for it... XD
now i have too much things to learn... ;>
anyways, thank You for the comment! ^^ *hugs*