Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Sonia's sketches, studies & stuff (plus some alliteration)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

SoniaLeticia

Hey everyone, my name's Sonia. Figured I should start a sketchbook here and try to get as much feedback as I can. I really want to focus on improving myself. :) I hope to update every other day..at least every 3 days.

Getting this started with a very quick study done in PS to try to get better at lighting.. and some faces. Some done from imagination, some done from ref.

[attachment=11454]
[attachment=11455]
[attachment=11456]

SoniaLeticia

SoniaLeticia

[attachment=11826]
[attachment=11827]
[attachment=11828]

Some more from my sketchbook and used a still from Brave for some digital practice.

SoniaLeticia

SoniaLeticia

AAAAAHHHH I've had my first week in college and it's been crazy ~! Five classes can really tie a girl up. Here's just two little things from my sketchbook that I snapped pics of. Another sketch of my insect bride lady and some blind contour drawings. I love doing those so much, it really loosens me up. I'll be posting up some more later this evening now that I finally repaired the scanner <3 Woot. No more cell phone pics!

[attachment=12502]
[attachment=12503]

SoniaLeticia

SoniaLeticia

SoniaLeticia

[attachment=13118]
[attachment=13117]

Did some digital stuff - one is a little girly forest sprite thing.. and the other is a WIP of a male forest sprite/inhabitant, but this time I'm adding in a background. Please give me any constructive crits. I need to improve ! D:

SoniaLeticia

[attachment=14670]
[attachment=14671]
[attachment=14672]
[attachment=14673]

Sketches I did while at an acoustic night at TheLivingRoom on main street. It's a nonprofit art space that hosts artsy events and open mic nights and all that.

SoniaLeticia

Just some more into my sketchbook and rough digital sketches from film screenshots

SoniaLeticia

Doing some more in the sketchbook.. did some hands and starting to practice some Loomis to crack down on my human anatomy.

[attachment=15767]
[attachment=15768]
[attachment=15769]
[attachment=15770]
[attachment=15771]
Heya, good studies!

You might wanna check the side view on those anatomy studies, some of them look like they're tipping forward and about to fall.

SoniaLeticia

[attachment=16096]
[attachment=16095]
[attachment=16094]
[attachment=16093]
[attachment=16097]
[attachment=16098]

Some more from the sketchbook, and a little watercolor sketching I did of a character I made up. Also really trying to work with oils. Started out a portrait from imagination and some figure stuff.
Thanks Anzhou - I definitely see the tipping over thing you're talkin about..

[attachment=16099]

SoniaLeticia

SoniaLeticia

[attachment=16516]
[attachment=16517]

Studyin and a little watercolor doodle inspired from playin Ni no Kuni today :) It's so much fun ! <3
wow you're putting your back into it :D *applause*

love the watercolour pieces, real cute!

SoniaLeticia

Thanks anzhou :) I'm tryin!!

Here's some more studies from today

[attachment=16692]
[attachment=16693]
[attachment=16694]

SoniaLeticia

Here's the drawings of the day

Been following along the videos on http://ctrlpaint.com/library/ and they are AWESOME. Doing the assignments on there, some other doodley sketches, and a little whack at an environment to warm up to that whole subject again.

[attachment=16805]
[attachment=16806]
[attachment=16807]

SoniaLeticia

[attachment=16926]
[attachment=16928]
[attachment=16929]

Some more exercises from ctrlpaint.com, and some other stuff from the sketchbook. Some random ass doodley crap and a little studying.

SoniaLeticia

Some more faces from my sketchbook tonight and I squeezed in a rough digital tonight too. I'm really not happy with it, I see tons of things wrong with it, but it's something.

[attachment=17020]
[attachment=17021]
Pages: 1 2