Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Shez's Thousand Sketches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Scheherazade

Hi! I'm a UK artist with a degree in Game Art and Design hoping to get a career as an artist (2d art and 3d art). I figured I’d post here and get some feedback on my stuff. :)

At the moment I’m mainly doing digital studies – I’m a member of a group on DA called DailyDoodlers and try to post a study a day when I can - though I can't always since I'm doing some 3d work for a project on the side. I used to do all my digital stuff in Photoshop Elements 6, but then I found MyPaint which has a great brush system, so I'm mostly using that nowadays.

I’d say the thing I find most difficult to do is original concepts because I’m very self-critical of my original ideas and technical ability. I see there’s a ‘Challenges’ forum so maybe trying some of those will help me.

So here are some of my images. I'm doing a lot of environments at the moment because I've been doing nothing but figures for some years now.

[attachment=12404]

Can't remember how long this took, but it was over 3 hours (reference here: UK Stock 1229)

[attachment=12405]

30min study (reference here: Sea Cliffs)

[attachment=12406]

Think this was 2-3 hours (reference here: Close Portrait 10)

[attachment=12407]

40-min study (reference is here: Winter)

[attachment=12408]

Finally, an original work I spent maybe 10 hours on back in March '12 (before I learned how great custom brushes are)

Thankyou for taking the time to look at my work!

Scheherazade

Decided to try a speedy portrait. Took 55 mins. (Reference here)

[attachment=12403]

Scheherazade

Joined Concept World's Sketch-A-Thon today!

Theme: Deepest Shadow. 40mins

[attachment=12399]

Theme: Evil Chicken. 40mins

[attachment=12400]

Theme: Overgrown Tower. 40mins

[attachment=12401]

Study. 30mins (reference here)

[attachment=12402]
Your 1st portrait you put up is nice, i'd suggest looking at skin more though, as at the moment it looks a little bit like stone, especially on the face. :)

Scheherazade

Will do, thanks for the tip!

Scheherazade

This was the view outside my window this morning! (took about an hour to draw)

[attachment=12398]

Scheherazade

Another ConceptWorld sketchathon.

Theme Jedi, 30mins

[attachment=13834]

Theme Flying Car, 40mins

[attachment=13835]

Theme Goo Gun, 30mins

[attachment=13836]

Scheherazade

Some more speedies, some from ConceptArtWorld's Sketchathon last Sunday and one from a DA-Speedpaint theme.

Theme Cat Skull Creature, 40mins

[attachment=15544]

Theme Leviathan (William Blake excerpt), 40mins (I think)

[attachment=15545]

Theme Empty Box, 30 mins

[attachment=15546]

Theme Stagnant, an hour

[attachment=15547]

Scheherazade

Study challenge 'Glow' from Da-Speedpaint

[attachment=17098]
[attachment=17099]
Good studies, keep it up !