Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Elderscrollers Sketchy Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
More practice faces, also trying to paint known faces from mind and get sort of a likeness. Here it´s Audrey Horne, since I´m rewatching Twin Peaks at the moment :)

[attachment=60809]
Looking forward to the third Hobbit movie, so next to a study, here´s a middle-earthish elf

[attachment=60966]
Another anatomy study and some rather quickly done (that is crappy) middleaerthish assassin dwarf. Still looking forward to the Hobbit 3 :)

[attachment=61024]
Had the feeling of drawing something silly. Killerspacebunny from the 8th dimension would be a wonderful B-movie...or rather G-movie

[attachment=61096]
This is my entry to the goblins vs. gnomes contest for deviantart. Sadly someone there botched the submission time limit. The timer still runs, but no one can submit anything, because the system thinks it is already closed....

[attachment=61271]
Whoa, that's seriously awesome goblin. I love the idea of the sning-shot! Laugh

Hey, if it's Gnomes Vs. Goblins, how come I've been seeing goblins? Gnomes ftw! haha. :Grin:
(12-15-2014, 09:44 PM)Bookend Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, that's seriously awesome goblin. I love the idea of the sning-shot! Laugh

Hey, if it's Gnomes Vs. Goblins, how come I've been seeing goblins? Gnomes ftw! haha. :Grin:

Thanks :) I also had a gnome idea of an electric eel taser gun, but the day I wanted to start that, someone posted an entry of a gnome with some sort of electric eel battery lighting gun. Didn´t want to paint something too similar to an already existing entry. Maybe I´ll paint it just for fun :)
(12-15-2014, 11:01 PM)Elderscroller Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2014, 09:44 PM)Bookend Wrote: [ -> ]Whoa, that's seriously awesome goblin. I love the idea of the sning-shot! Laugh

Thanks :) I also had a gnome idea of an electric eel taser gun, but the day I wanted to start that, someone posted an entry of a gnome with some sort of electric eel battery lighting gun. Didn´t want to paint something too similar to an already existing entry. Maybe I´ll paint it just for fun :)

I should totally do a gnome. I haven't actually seen any gnome entries yet for the contest, but I probably wouldn't enter it, but, I'd do a gnome just for the sake of gnome. haha.

Actually, I know a lot of people who hate gnomes, maybe 'cause they're so frickin' cheerful and savvy Grin Egnvy. Laugh
Some rather mediocre sketches, feeling a bit sick today (guess the sketches reflect that). Anyhow there´s also a contribution for the new starwars lightsaber

[attachment=61303]
Beauty and the beast

[attachment=61433]
Great work on the beauty thar, haha. Grin Keep it up, man.
@Bookend: Thanks and I will keep it up :)

Been to Vienna and visited the Velasquez exhibition at the Art History Museum. Naturally, I had to at least do some sketches there. Also did some rather boring landscape and some quick faces done with a square brush in PS for practice

[attachment=61901]
[attachment=61902]
[attachment=61903]
That Philip IV sketch looks great. Must be nice getting to see real master paintings and all that awesome architecture.
Hey, really nice looking sketchbook drawings in here! great level-ups!

Those client character paintings are really solid. If I could add just one thing in regard to the painting aspect of the work, it'd be to add some more color variation/nuance. The master studies you did on pg.17 were killer, and it shows you got down that understanding of color in those. The goblin piece is a great step in the right direction with the color variety in the character.

Hope that helps in some way. :]
@Adam Lina: Thanks! Yes, a trip to the museum to draw from live paintings is really great! Next time I´ll have to bring some colors too. You see so much more than from photos!

@Archreux: Thanks very much! Yeah, I´m a bit too timid when it comes to color variations (especially fin imaginary stuff). I almost always find it is too strong and I tone it down, so it is barely visible. One thing that helps (I´ve found recently) here is having a quality reference image open (can be anything, doesn´t have to be related to the painted subject or even lighting)

Some more impressions from Vienna. Some architectural gothic elements of the Stephansdom and some live portraits from a stay at a Viennese cafe (some caricature also found it´s way here) and some portraits done later from memory

[attachment=61987]
Here are some quick poses (have to practice that more digitally) and a character sheet for a new german P&P RPG I´m trying out called Splittermond (meaning: fractured moon). My character is a glacier dwarf transformation and ice mage and he has an icewolf called Snowflake and an elvish servant/bodyguard called Albert.

[attachment=62104]
[attachment=62105]
Some more characters from my new RPG group: A vulcano dwarf healer/runemage and a Varg (that is man-wolf) sandrunner

[attachment=62343]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48