Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Ioan Chirita's sketchbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ioan Chirita

Hello everyone, My name is Ioan and i'm from Romania. I've been following Dave's art for some time now and i decided to join the Daggers.
So i'll start by posting some hand studies, actually i did Alex Negrea's "2000 hands challenge".
He really got me inspired and i decided to get off my lazy ass and start studying. It took me longer than him because of my job, but i used to do sets of 100 hands per day...
i cannot say now that i can draw great hands without reference but i'm not "afraid" anymore to aproach them anymore :)
The sole purpose of the challenge was to get me starting !
[attachment=11957]
[attachment=11958]
[attachment=11959]
[attachment=11960]
[attachment=11961]
[attachment=11962]
[attachment=11963]
[attachment=11964]
[attachment=11965]
[attachment=11966]
[attachment=11967]
[attachment=11968]
[attachment=11969]
wait... there's more
[attachment=11970]
[attachment=11971]
[attachment=11972]
[attachment=11973]
[attachment=11974]
[attachment=11975]
[attachment=11976]
Bloody hell that is an awful lot of hands. I'm really impressed!

Once the hands are done where do you plan to head from there?

Ioan Chirita

Thank you !
I'll continue with gestures or heads

leonardZC

Holy crap! amazing hard work here also pretty and neat line work on Each set of hands D: you know what i may take you up on the chalenge, i suck on hands. where did you found your reffs if i may ask?

cant wait for the next batch :D! keep it up please :)
Damn Man, That's a lot of hands and a good variety. They look really good too.

Micah W

looking at the first and last pages I can tell your line confidence has really improved. keep going mate !

Ioan Chirita

(01-12-2013, 09:14 PM)leonardZC Wrote: [ -> ]Holy crap! amazing hard work here also pretty and neat line work on Each set of hands D: you know what i may take you up on the chalenge, i suck on hands. where did you found your reffs if i may ask?

cant wait for the next batch :D! keep it up please :)

oh, i forgot to mention that
the reffs are from http://mjranum-stock.deviantart.com/
Oh, hey man,
Nice to see your work here, I really wanna see more from you. So keep them coming :D
And btw that is an insane number of hands... I'm so bad at drawing anatomy from memory and some time ago I downloaded almost 50 pictures of a model and I said I'd draw them all at least twice. Meanwhile I noticed that's pretty hard to do, since one pose takes enough time for me.

You said something about a job... is it related to drawing? I'm just curious where romanian artists work nowadays...

Ioan Chirita

(01-16-2013, 06:00 AM)walent Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, hey man,
Nice to see your work here, I really wanna see more from you. So keep them coming :D
And btw that is an insane number of hands... I'm so bad at drawing anatomy from memory and some time ago I downloaded almost 50 pictures of a model and I said I'd draw them all at least twice. Meanwhile I noticed that's pretty hard to do, since one pose takes enough time for me.

You said something about a job... is it related to drawing? I'm just curious where romanian artists work nowadays...

Yes, my job is art related. I work in Iasi at game company and we're doing mostly Disney products.

Ioan Chirita

*Mature content*
Value study
i kinda messed up... will do more, it was fun
photo credit http://abrito.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ioan Chirita

demon guy and succubus
focused more on anatomy rather than design