Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Rapunzel and a Leviathan Queen...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! Just wanted to stop in and post the finals of two oil paintings I've been working on FOREVER:

[Image: LV_3.jpg?imgmax=800]
Leviathan Queen, 60"x 40"

[Image: Rampion-Rising.jpg?imgmax=800]
Rampion Rising, 24"x 34"

They are done--not going to look back, but please do let me know what you think! Any criticism I will take into account for future work! If you're curious about my adventures in oil painting, check out my blog for recent live-and-learn experiences. Up next: lots of digital work, so expect more in the sketchbook!

On a side note, it's been so long since I've logged into Conceptart.org, that it appears all the galleries are gone and now there's just the forum! Am I crazy or is that really the case??

venividipinxi

They are both totaly awesome! Love how you painted and detailed the different parts in leviathan queen, it also has a nice viewing-flow, if you know what I mean ( sorry dont have the right word for it^^)
(01-19-2013, 05:40 AM)venividipinxi Wrote: [ -> ]They are both totaly awesome! Love how you painted and detailed the different parts in leviathan queen, it also has a nice viewing-flow, if you know what I mean ( sorry dont have the right word for it^^)

Thanks, Matt! Yes, I really struggled with the composition of "Leviathan Queen", so I'm glad it's "flowing" and therefore working for you. I disregarded your warning and clicked on your DeviantArt portfolio--I loved your forest speed paintings!

Zaphk

I simply love the paintings, the first one is such a great idea =) Can't wait to see more from you!
(01-23-2013, 11:45 AM)Zaphk Wrote: [ -> ]I simply love the paintings, the first one is such a great idea =) Can't wait to see more from you!

Oooooh! You were the one who submitted my absolute favorite Totoro piece!!! Mine sucked, but I LOVED yours. :D